Chapter 10 - Slowly Falling...

"29..." You muttered, counting the mutagen cells, something that you had been doing for hours on end.

Suddenly, the cells began to slowly disintegrate and break apart. One by one, they began to dissolve.

".......26?"

"...20??" Your heart rate picked up, this could be it!

"..13!"

"2?? Donnie!!" You cheered, "I-I think I found it!!"

Donatello quickly ran over from his laptop and peered into the microscope.

"Let's see...." He suddenly frowned, noting the countless mutagen cells swarming in the sample.

"(y/n), there's got to be at least 200 in view."

Your heart dropped, "...What? But I saw them, they were eliminated."

"Have a look." He stepped back, allowing you to look back through the microscope and see hundreds of mutated cells.

You groaned and slammed your notebook closed, "I was so close, I could almost taste it!"

Donatello sighed, "Why don't you just take a break for a while? You've been in here all day...you could use a breather."

You crossed your arms, "No, I'd rather continue working."

He rolled his eyes, "Don't be pigheaded, (y/n)."

"I'm not the pigheaded one," You muttered.

He raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

"Oh, nothing." You said in a song sing voice.

He sighed, annoyed, and glanced out the door to see his brothers crowded around the TV, cheering on their favorite Space Heros characters.

"...We won't be able to find it without your father's notes, (y/n)." He quietly said.

You looked down, knowing that what he said was true.

"I-I know...but his lab was in the heart of the city, it's swarming with mutants by now. James and the others have probably abandoned it by now...There's no way I'd be able to reach it."

"...That's why you're not going alone." A voice from the door caused you to look up.

You saw Leonardo leaning against the entrance, a firm look set upon his face.

"These mutants are getting out of hand, and it won't be long before they find us..." he continued, "You need to find the mutagen NOW, and if your father's notes are what it takes to get it, then we'll help you."

Ralph and Mikey joined their brother at the door, listening to him.

Your eyes widened slightly, "But Shredder's army could be-"

Ralph snorted, "Shredder doesn't scare us, not with these crazy mutants running around. Leo's taken him out once, and he can do it again."

"U-um, I'm kinda scared of Shredder," Mikey squeaked out, seeing Ralph glare at him, "I-it's not my fault he's this weird Super Shredder thing!!"

Leo rolled his eyes in annoyance, "To get there though, we'll need help."

Donatello groaned slightly, "Please don't tell me you mean-"

"April and Casey, IF they're still around. And (y/n)," Leo turned to you, "It's time for you to get some serious training in."

You swallowed, "Well...I-I still have a few ideas left...if those don't work, then we'll go with your plan."