Chapter 15 - Notes

"With the attacks spreading from New York City, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the country is affected, and then...the world."

Mikey swallowed as he stared at the tv, "Man. That's some heavy stuff."

You nodded and remained silent as you pulled your knees up to you on the couch. It had been three weeks now, meaning that your time was up. You had covered considerable ground on finding the retromutagen, but it was still nowhere close to being ready. Donnie, Ralph, and Leo were in the back, having a map of the city spread out before them. You sighed as you rested your cheek in your palm, continuing to watch the tv. Right now, you were completely out of ideas to find the cure, and the only hope was going to get your father's notes -that is, if your brother James hasn't already taken them to a safer place.

"We can get into the back entrance of the lab with a little tampering of the security system," Donnie muttered, "but that still doesn't mean the Kraang or Foot bots haven't already infiltrated the place."

Ralph raised an eyebrow, "And what if humans are actually still around there? They'll think that we're just another one of those killing machines."

Leonardo sighed and glanced over at the couch, seeing Mikey and you glued to the tv.

"...We have to take (y/n) with us."

Donnie's eyes widened, "What?! N-no. She'd be a midnight snack for the mutants. Plus she would slow us down, we'd travel faster with a smaller group."

Leo looked at him, "Donnie, she's the only one who knows the way around Dr. (y/l/n)'s lab. She knows where his notes would be, and could get us past whatever humans are left in there. There's not really another option."

He sighed and glanced over at you, "...but what if she gets hurt? O-or worse? There'd be no one left to find the retromutagen."

Ralph snorted, "Donnie, you are one big baby."

Leo rolled his eyes and turned to Donatello, "If she were to get killed, then you would continue her work...sometimes one must sacrifice for the greater good of everyone else."

Donnie groaned, "Stop trying to sound like Splinter..." He sighed and looked down at the map, "...Fine. But if anything happens to her, I'm holding everyone here responsible."

Leo chuckled and pulled out his T-phone, "Good. Now let's get Casey and April."

~a few hours later~

"Annnd, there we go. Now just one more."

Donnie stepped back as he finished binding your right hand. You looked down at the course, black material tightly wrapped around your palms and lower arms.

"And...this is supposed to help me how?" You asked curiously.

He smiled as he began to bind your other hand, "You don't have callouses or rough skin built up on your hands, meaning that it'll be difficult for you to travel with us –we do a LOT of climbing."

You made a silent 'oh' with your mouth and looked back down at the clothes you were wearing. Your usual flats had been exchanged for a pair of black shoes (pick whichever style you like best) and you had borrowed a black jumpsuit from April's old wardrobe she had left here. It was a bit big on you, considering you were a few inches shorter than her, but it would have to do. You glanced out the door to see a woman with bright, red hair and dressed in a black and yellow jumpsuit walk by.

Donnie followed your gaze over to her, "That's April, she'll be coming with us." He quietly said and continued his work, "She's engaged to Casey Jones."