Chapter 14: Caught Peeking

As part of his monthly recurring duties Lan Xichen was talking to one of the older female cultivators. Listening to whatever troubles they were having at the time and working together with them to make sure they got fixed.

Lan Ju was of high cultivation level and was a great role model for younger disciples as she had taken care of the female disciples for over three decades.

"Zewu-jun. You certainly are getting more handsome each time we meet. If this keeps happening we're going to have to move our meetings elsewhere. You're distracting my girls" She was only partially joking, as the moment she said so a group of young girls walked past, giggling as he looked over at them.

"I'm sure they are just amazed at getting to meet an accomplished woman such as yourself."

"Ever the flatterer. Those girls don't know how good they have it. Back in my time..." But just as she was going to go on about how being a female cultivator used to be much tougher there was rowdy laughter coming from the nearby forest. Luckily it was far enough away that the other female cultivators couldn't hear it, but with their increased senses both Lan Xichen and Lan Ju were able to distinguish it.

And Lan Xichen had heard that laughter before. It was Wei Wuxian.

"Please excuse me" Lan Xichen bowed before going to take care of it. This could cause a lot of problems and so to not make a scene he was going to deal with it as discreetly as possible.

As he approached he found Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang both cry-laughing at the floor. Jiang Wanyin was blushing profusely as he was messily trying to hit his brother who easily dodged the clumsy swing.

"What's going on here?" Lan Xichen said harshly. This was worse than their usual pranks. Running around outside after curfew or playing small pranks on his brother and uncle was one thing, this was another thing entirely. Still laughing, Wei Wuxian tried to explain what was going on. In between young master Wei's laughing fits Lan Xichen managed to gather that they had found someone.

"So you were looking for someone?" Even if they somehow knew one of the female cultivators this was not the way to go about finding her.

"Yes, hahaha. We found A-Cheng's future wife" Nie Huaisang explained as he gasped for air. Jiang Cheng went even more red as he shot a glare at his friend.

"I hope that you all understand that this is a serious breach of the rules." Lan Xichen tried to stay composed. "What do you believe is an appropriate punishment for your action?"

"I believe A-Cheng should apologize to his wife for looking at other women" Wei Wuxian said as a joke before dodging another poorly aimed punch. Although Lan Xichen was quite curious about what woman had caught Jiang Wanyin's eye, an apology wasn't going to cut it.

"Ten hits with the discipline whip. Each. Once you're done attend the library pavilion for the remainder of your punishment"

"TEN!?"

"Does young master Wei not think it's enough?"

"Ten is a good number" Nie Huaisang said, covering Wei Wuxian's mouth before he had the chance to say something stupid to increase their punishment further.