Chapter 29: Mingjue Will Make a Man Out of You

Nothing else mattered anymore. Not Lan Qiren's previous screaming, not the pain shooting from his leg after having walked on it when it hadn't healed yet, not even the fact that they would need to go home and explain to his parents that both him and his brother had gotten thrown out of Gusu.

Lan Huan liked him back.

"I told you, he's corrupted you." Lan Qiren pushed his finger hard into Lan Xichen's chest, but the Lan didn't even flinch. He just stood there and allowed his uncle to shout. To ramble on about how 'a wise man does not waste his future on something as inconsequential temporary feelings', that as the future sect leader he needed to 'be a man'. Whatever that meant. But from what Jiang Cheng could gather it did not include liking men.

"Perhaps you should travel to Qinghe after all. Nie Mingue will surely teach you how to be a real man" Jiang Cheng did not know much about the elder Nie despite being friends with his younger brother. Huaisang was too afraid to say anything but 'nice' things about him. Scared of being overheard and having whatever he had said getting back to his brother somehow. But from what he heard outside of Huaisang's words Nie Mingue was as much of a lady killer as he was a killer.

What Lan Qiren had meant was that his friend could teach him how to sleep around with women. His uncle must truly despise the thought of them being together if he was willing to suggest such indecent things, things which went against everything the Lans stood for.

"Of course uncle, I will obey. I will travel to Qinghe and become a real man" Lan Xichen said, bowing his head. This caught Lan Qiren off guard, he hadn't expected his nephew to keep agreeing with him. But neither had Jiang Cheng.

Wei Wuxian had so far been silent. Listening in on the fight between uncle and nephew. But he could of course not allow Lan Xichen to be the only one to upset the Lan. Seeing an opportunity to play he placed a hand on his chest and strolled over to stand next to Lan Huan.

"Lan Qiren, it's truly a shame that I haven't realized how ingenious you are until now. Your words have convinced me to take a new path in life. Starting with becoming a better man, it truly is the only way" Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes at his words, but the smirk on his face would surely give away the fact that he too enjoyed his brother's performance. He knew exactly where he was going with this and was more than happy to go along with it.

"As such we must too must travel the rough path towards true manhood" Wei Wuxian wrapped an arm around his brother's shoulder. "Isn't that right brother, it would be a disgrace to our parents if we didn't take this opportunity."

"Yes, it would be a real shame to return to Yunmeng as we currently are. You wouldn't mind bringing two more people along?" Jiang Cheng asked Lan Huan, who smiled back at him. But before Lan Qiren was able to lay another slew of words on them a third Lan arrived at the scene taking long strides forward. Needing to take twice the amount of steps Huaisang ran behind the Lan, attempting to keep up.

"Wei Ying. I got him" Huaisang shouted, waving his hand to catch their attention. But it hadn't been necessary, everyone's attention was already on the second Jade twin of Lan as his face was contorted in worry.

When he arrived he looked Wei Wuxian up and down, but soon determined that he had been fooled yet again, there was no emergency this time either. His face went neutral once more and he stood next to his uncle, as though his previous expression had never happened.

"Lan Wangji, please teach your brother some sense" Lan Qiren said, placing his hand on the bridge of his nose, having had more than enough problems for one day.

"Oh, he doesn't have any right to scold anyone in this regard anymore" Wei Wuxian smirked. Looking over at his brother Jiang Cheng asked.

"What did you do this time?"