Chapter one: The Application

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

        "A letter for Y/n?" The voice called out and you jumped up, rushing to open the door. You politely took the letter from the mailman, excited to open it. You examined the white letter with a pretty white stamp in your hands before ripping it open. You'd recently applied to be a student at the prestigious akademiya in Sumeru. You were practically beaming as you read the letter. You let out a squeal of joy when you read the delightful words 'You have been accepted'. You jumped up and down, seems like those hours upon hours of studying finally paid off. 

"Ah..." You said quietly, standing still in the hallway, looking back at the letter. You pulled it out of its envelope to read entirely and your mouth fell agape when you read the tuition. FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND MORA PER YEAR??  You fell to the floor in despair, you'd have to get one or two more jobs or even take a gap year or two to just accumulate enough mora to pay the tuition...

You applied for a scholarship weeks ago but didn't manage to get one, you decided to send the akademiya a letter saying you would take two years off to work before attending. You got out your paper and ink and began writing. Many pieces of paper was scrapped in the process before you got the perfect letter, and off it went to the akademiya.

After two weeks you got another letter, this time of them saying you were welcomed to attend the akademiya anytime as long as you got accepted into one of the majors. You smiled happily as you began job hunting in the local area for a second job.

First, you looked at the community bulletin board and then the newspapers. You managed to find four decent jobs you could apply to. A window cleaning job, a baking job, a job teaching children and a job working backstage for a magician. You applied to all of them and waited patiently for a letter back.

After a few weeks you were rejected from all but the last one, you were happy you got at least one job since you probably weren't qualified for some of the other ones anyways. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Next chapter.. soon :) hope you enjoyed!!