Chapter sixteen: The Start And The End Of Romance.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

     Later that day, you felt setting up for the next show unexpectedly overwhelming, you couldn't stand the thought of seeing Lynette, it made your cheeks red and a lump form in your throat. The way her silver hair swayed as she walked, her violet eyes conveying everything and nothing at the same time. The way she was emotionless to most and your intimate connection made your heart flutter. 

You wanted to confront your feelings but something about her made your knees weak and adrenaline pumping. Despite your efforts of trying to avoid her undetectably, you still managed to get into the same position as before. You could've sworn the ladder was just fine, but just as you'd managed to slip the lights in place, the whole thing became unstable. You tried to steady yourself, wobbling as gasps left your mouth. 

You could see some people rushing over to help, but it was too late. Just as the ladder disappeared from below you, you grabbed ahold of the beam above. You were just off to the side of the stage, hanging from one hand. As you looked down, the distance seemed much greater than before and your fear tenfold. You could feel your hands grow sweatier by the second, yelling drowned out by your panic. 

Is this the end? You thought, unable to think clearly, adrenaline pumping through you. You were caught off guard when you felt somebody catch you in their arms and land on the group. As you slowly opened your eyes, it was like a scene out of a disney movie. 

     "Are you alright, Y/N?" You almost heard the romantic music in the background, you rushed to cover your face.

     "Y-Yeah..I'm fine, thank you..Could you please let me down now?" You stuttered, not trying to make it obvious how flustered you were at her presence. 

     "Alright," she paused, seemingly nodded and let you back on your feet. You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

     "I was- er, so scared..I really am glad you came to my rescue, I'm not sure what I would've done without you. You're so pretty.." You blurted without though, trying to keep the conversation going.

     "O-Oh..It's nothing, really..I think you're really- pretty aswell..You're a great friend, y'know?" She smiled, her rosy cheeks becoming more visible.

    "I should continue though..with my job, yeah." You awkwardly gestured to your ladder and she laughed just as awkwardly.

    "Yeah...Good luck, Y/N. See you later." You nodded  and she left. As soon as she disappeared, you dropped to the floor, flustered. This is not happening right now, nope.. You thought. As soon as you sat up, you noticed Lyney conveniently coming over at just the right time, he helped you up with a smile, you secretly hoped he hadn't seen how flustered you were before.

     "Now now..What are you doing on the floor? You don't get paid you to sit all day." He laughed and you laughed along, not trying to make it awkward. You really hoped your cheeks weren't as red as you thought they were.

     "We really should get a better ladder, though, this ones just not working right.." He sighed, picking it up. 

     "Well, I'll be leaving now, have a nice day." The two of you exchanged goodbyes and you were happy that ladder was finally gone, out of your life. You finished your work for the day and made it back to your hotel room.  You decided to finally confess your love, it was very sudden but you needed to make it known. You jumped up from your bed, wishing yourself luck.

You quietly knocked on Lynette's door, anxiousness settling in as you wish you hadn't done this after all. There was no going back though, and you took in a deep breath. The door opened soon than you thought and you looked up at her.

    "Y/N..? How can I help you?" She smiled.

     "Lynette...Can I come in? There's something I need to tell you.." You blushed and looked away.

     "Of course, Y/N. Come on in," Lynette said, a curious yet warm expression on her face as she opened the door wider.

You stepped inside, nervously fidgeting with your hands. The atmosphere in the room felt charged with an unspoken tension. Lynette closed the door behind you and turned to face you, her eyes searching yours for clues.

     "Y/N, what's on your mind?" she asked gently, taking a step closer. You took a deep breath, summoning the courage to express your feelings. 

     "Lynette, there's something I've been meaning to tell you. I... I can't hold it back any longer."

     "What is it, Y/N? You can tell me anything." Lynette's eyes widened slightly.

A nervous smile made its way onto your lips as you looked into Lynette's eyes. 

     "I know we haven't know each other for very long, a few months at best but I think those few months really made a change. I feel like what started as a spark has now become a flame, what I'm trying to say is.." You took a deep breath, looking for the right words. Silence lingered in the room as Lynette processed your words, her curious eyes waiting for you to continue.

     "I like you, as more than friends." You could feel your cheeks growing redder than before, unable to look up at Lynette. The silence was unbearable, you wanted her to say something, anything. You finally gathered up the courage to look up at Lynette, you could see her bashful expression, her rosy tinted cheeks standing out.

Lynette nodded, "Y/N..I feel the same way. I've been trying to find the right time to tell you, but I was afraid it might complicate our friendship." Relief washed over you like a tsunami, a genuine smile spread across your face. 

     "Lynette, I don't want to complicate anything. I just couldn't keep these feelings hidden anymore. I... I love you."

Lynette's eyes sparkled with emotion, and she took both your hands in hers. 

     "I love you too, Y/N."

Lynette leaned in, closing the gap between you, and your lips met in a tender, heartfelt kiss. Time seemed to freeze in that moment as the two of you finally confessed your love for each other, sealing it with a kiss that would be forever remembered.

As you pulled away, Lynette whispered, "I'm so glad we found each other," and you couldn't help but agree. It was a moment of pure happiness, marking the beginning of a beautiful chapter in both of your lives.

THE END.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

This book has been a wonderful journey with more to come too!! Thanks to anybody who has been here since chapter 1 (probably nobody lmaooooo 💀💀)!!1!1! :)