Chapter five: A Basket

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

        You wake up the next day, Sunday. Your cat rubbing its cheek on your right arm, purring. The sunlight was pouring in from your window and irritating your eyes, which made you finally get up. You brushed your teeth and ate breakfast before getting ready to buy some groceries, you were low on food. You made sure to feed your cat and dress nicely before leaving your small home.

You strolled around the local market, the stunning displays of fruits and veggies catching your eye. As you finished buying groceries, you slowly made your way home before bumping into something.

        "Ah!" You yelled out, falling on your butt and all your groceries tumbling to the ground, your paper bag broken. You looked up at who you bumped in to, a short boy dressed in black with blonde hair and blue eyes. 

        "I-I-I'm so sorry..!! Let me help you.." He held his hand out to you with a flustered expression, beckoning you to take his hand. You looked at him cautiously before taking his hand and letting him help you get up.

       "That's alright.." You smiled awkwardly before the two of you picked up your groceries and he gave you a spare bag to replace your torn one. 

        "Thank you." You smiled at him once more, watching his cheeks grow hot and seeing his eyes look away from yours.

        "I-It's no problem, really. Y-You don't have to thank me since it was m-my fault in the first place, haha.." His inability to regain his composure told you everything. You waved goodbye at each other and went on your separate paths.

As you reached your house, you thought of the strange boy. You stocked your fridge and shelves, wondering as to what Lynette was doing right now, feeling your cheeks grow red at the thought. You shook it off and took a shower, hoping to calm yourself. 

As you got out of the shower, you heard the sound of mail slipping in through your letterbox. You picked it up and read it, it was a letter from Lynette, asking how you were today. You smiled at the contents before writing your own letter. 

As you wrote your letter, you felt your cat rub up against your leg and you reached down to pet him. It was a pleasant evening and you sent your letter after a bit. You ate dinner whilst reading a new book you found titled "How to kill a god", great read on philosophy and the seven archons. You wondered what it'd be like to meet all seven gods, how incredible a feat such as that would be. 

You were immersed in your book before you heard a knock at the door, a soft one and you whipped your head to the door, getting up to open it. You slowly opened the door and immediately recognized the familiar blonde hair, you looked down to see the boy from earlier in the day standing in front of you. He clutched tightly a basket in hand, white and blue patterned cloth covering the top. His cheeks were slightly red as he looked up at you.

        "I-I felt really bad about earlier today so I got you this.." He said, slightly mumbling his words as he held the basket out to you. Taken aback, you smiled awkwardly, taking the basket from him.

        "O-Oh! Thank you very much, I appreciate it a lot!" You didn't even want to ask him how he knew your address in fear of what he might say. You exchanged small talk with the blonde boy, noting his unease. You thought he was sweet though and eventually he left. 

You walked over to the basket he gave you which was placed on your countertop and unveiled it, revealing assorted fruits, berries and vegetables. Though a little unsettled by how he knew your address, you smiled at the thought of him putting together the basket and set it aside for now, going back to your book.

 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

hope you enjoyed!! next chapter soon :) rip its already the 4th week of school 😔😔😔