Chapter four: Drinking Tea

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

       You wake up the next day and, lo and behold, it's Saturday. You were just about to get yourself ready to spend the entire day on the couch, but you stopped yourself when you heard the sound of a letter slip in. You turned to the door just in time to see the letter fall. You walked over and picked it up. A white envelope with an elegant red seal, how pretty! You opened the letter up and found out it was from Lynette inviting you for tea in the afternoon at a local teahouse in your area, and you happily sent one back. Good thing mail around these parts travels very quickly, or else it'd take forever.

You wondered why you weren't called last night to help with the performance, but you decided you'd ask Lynette later when you two were drinking tea.

--

When the afternoon came, you got dressed quickly and made sure to wear the most elegant outfit you could find. A white dress with dark purple lace and ribbons adorning the sides and a cute pair of shoes to match. You quickly blew yourself a kiss in the mirror before leaving happily.

You got a few stares as you walked, which made you a bit anxious, but you kept going. When you finally met at the teahouse, you stared in awe. It was a gorgeous modern looking teahouse with a stunning interior. You made eye contact with Lynette and stepped into the place, walking over and sitting next to her.

"Good afternoon, Y/n!" She smiled, gesturing at you to sit down.

"You too, Lynette." You gave her a smile back as the two of you ordered tea and small pastries. The two of you chatted as you waited for your food. You were so into your conversation that you didn't even notice when the tea and pastries arrived.

"Oh wow, these look so fancy.." You remarked.

"If it's the price you're worried about, don't be. I'll be paying."

"What? No way! I can't let you pay for this yourself when I'll be eating too." You mumbled.

"Oh! Well, if you insist." She took a sip of her tea, and you smiled.

"That's more like it..!"

The tea was delicious; you always preferred Lychee Black Tea to any other type of tea anyway. You glanced over at Lynette, drinking her jasmine tea. As soon as the two of you finished your cups halfway, you resumed talking and started to eat the elegant looking pastries. A white macaron with blue filling and toppings. You gently picked it up from the tray and showed it to Lynette. She stopped talking and looked at you curiously.

"This looks just like you!" You grinned, taking a bite out of the macaron as she watched.

"Hmph.! It just has similar colors to my appearance. Don't be so childish.." She mumbled, flicking her fingers against your forehead.

"Ouch.." You said before eating the entire thing. The two of you spent the next hour finishing up the pastries and paying before leaving the shop. The moon was particularly bright today, and it illuminated the area well.

"Ah, it's already dark. I should probably head home. The moon's so pretty tonight~. "You said it, looking up at the moon.

"Let me walk you home then?" She smiled at you, and you nodded. The two of you kept talking as she walked you home, going on and on about random topics.

"Oh! Since we're on the topic of the Opera House, how was your show last night? I was curious why I wasn't called to help out. It must've not been too big?" You said curiously, turning your head to her.

"About that... It was postponed for a few days as there's been another girl missing around the area... They needed to conduct trials with a few suspects which is why we didn't get to perform last night and the crew wasn't called. And...sorry about not telling you this earlier." She smiled awkwardly, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear as you two walked slowly.

"That makes sense...! You should really send a letter to everyone if it happens, though. I had no idea!"

"Right...Sorry about that, it was on such short notice but I suppose that isn't an excuse. That was my fault."

"It's fine, but when should the performance be taking place now?"

"Probably in three to four days, that's what I was told anyway." She shrugged.

"I see—Oh! It's a cat! You gasped, looking at the silver cat with a black head and limps.

"I'm gonna try and pet it, okay?" You said, looking over to Lynette, she looked back at you with a nod. You slowly walked over to the cat, trying to calm it down before crouching down and reaching your hand over to pet its ears.

"C'mon..." As your hand grazed the surface of its fur, the cat scurried off into an alleyway, far from you.

"Wh-hey, come back!" You shouted after the cat. You sighed and got up, you and Lynette continuing to walk back to your house. She giggled at your devastated self and you shot her and looked for laughter at your expense.

"I just wanted to pet its ears, but that's fine. " You said, sighing.

"You could pet mine." She whispered before biting her lip to stop herself from saying anything else. She was taken aback by her own words.

"What was that?" You turned to her.

"Nothing, I said that the moonlight is really bright tonight." She looked away, hiding her blush.

"Right? That's what I thought too! I wonder what this is called." You pondered before the two of you got to your house.

"Ah, this is my house!" You smiled as you exchanged goodbyes with Lynette, and she left.

 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Hii hope you enjoyed. It's already almost the third week of school im crying.

Next chapter soon!! :D