Chapter two: The Employer's Sister

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

You took a deep breath, it's not gonna be that hard, you told yourself. You clutched your resume and other papers in your folder, careful not to crease them. You stood outside of the local theater house, looking it up and down. The sudden strong winds came out of nowhere, and your entire body fought against it, trying to resist. The stack of papers in the folder flew out of your clutch and into the air.

"NO!!" You shouted, running after the folder as it was being carried by the wind. In an instant, the folder collapsed to the floor, your precious papers spilling out. You stopped, noticing how the air around you seemed unaffected by the wind, you looked outside at the trees bending and people loosing their things just like you. You quickly crouched down, shoveling everything back into your folder, when you heard a voice.

"Are you...okay?" A soft voice asked from behind you, taking you by surprise. You turned around, and in front of you was a girl with smooth, silver hair and cat ears. The girl was dressed in a short dark cape attached to her clothes with a bow. She wore white sleeves over a black lace leotard and a short ruffled skirt. She also had gloves, tights and boots on.

"I'm fine, just curious about this.." You said, pointing to the cylinder of air around the two of you which was unaffected by the wind.

"That was me." She says, turning around to show you her anemo vision. The vision sparkled as you laid your eyes on it, how pretty.

"I see...I'd better get going though, I've got to meet my employer." You said, standing up from the ground.

"Sure. I've got to get going as well, hope we meet again soon." She said the last part quietly.

"Hm? What was that?"

"Nothing, goodbye." And just like that, the two of you parted ways.

You eagerly opened up the front door to the theater house, stepping in. You'd almost lost track of time with the fiasco with the wind. You brushed you hair with your fingers as you walked over to the hallway, looking for the specific room your employer told you to go to. You looked inside a bunch of rooms before you saw a fellow dressed in eye-catching attire. You readied yourself before opening the door and stepping inside.

He immediately looked up at you and stopped talking with whomever was beside him. As you closed the door behind you, you noticed the person he was talking to was the girl who helped you just ten minutes ago. The two looked as if they were twins or siblings and you assumed so. The two of you exchanged eye contact before you turned back to the magician and seated yourself in front of him.

"I-uh, brought my resume and such here if you needed them." You said. slowly pushing your orange folder to him over the table.

"That won't be needed really but I'll be happy to take a look." He chimed, opening the folder and looking through your resume.

"It's not needed? Aren't you worried about possibly hiring a criminal or maybe someone even worse?" You tilted your head to the side in confusion.

"We've already conducted background checks on everyone so no worries." He replied without looking back at you.

"Alright."

You glanced at the girl ever so often and she'd look back at you. To be fair, she was quite pretty, her beautiful, luminous violet eyes looking back at you. You felt red dusting your cheeks as you looked away, heart fluttering against your chest.

"Right, I'm finished and you're good to go. Before you leave, though, any questions?" He said happily, putting your papers back into your folder neatly and handing it back to you. You picked them up and held them carefully.

"Now that I think about it, I've seen your magic shows before. You haven't needed a crew working in the back so why now?"

"That's because we're going international, that's right! Oh! There's one thing I forgot to ask, are you fine with travelling for the job? Cause we're going to be doing a lot of that!" The excitement in his voice only grew as he spoke. The girl next to him nodding with his words.

"I'm fine with that, travelling isn't a problem as long as the expenses will be covered."

"Of course! What type of employer would I be if I had my employees covering their work expenses?" Suddenly, a woman came through the door asking for him, and he had to leave.

"Oh and- We'll send you a letter for when you start!" He shouted before running out the door, forgetting to close it behind him. The room is silent and you're about to leave when you notice the girl is stirring a cup of tea in her hands.

"Hey...Funny how we've met again, isn't it? What type of tea is that?" You asked, watching her stir the tea.

"It's jasmine, recently imported from Inazuma." She replied, looking up from the cup of tea and giving you a small smile.

"Oh? Jasmine is great, my favorite actually. Are you into history by any chance?" You smiled back

"Yes, I am. Have you heard that..." The two of you kept talking on and on about the history of tea and whatnot. Time went by so fast you didn't notice it'd already been two hours.

"Ah, it's already been two hours, I should get going." You smiled at her, standing up.

"Before you leave, could I get your name?" She said quietly, pink blush dusting her cheeks.

"Sure, name's Y/n, and yours?"

"Ah...Lynette" She smiled shyly, the blush on her cheeks growing.

"Would you like to perhaps join me for a cup of tea sometime?" She offered.

"Sure I'd be happy to. Ah, I really have to go now. See, I have a cat a home and he's super clingy, I love him so much though!" You chuckled.

"Alright, see you later then."

You left the theater house all happy and excited to get tea with Lynette, how could you not? She's such a pretty girl~ And just like that, you went home.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Phew this took me a while hope you enjoyed .-.

Next chapter soon!!! :D