Chapter fifteen: The Heart

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

     You awoke the next day, the beaming rays of sunlight hitting your face at a perfect angle. Your body was tangled in another's' and you opened your eyes to find her head on your chest, her arms wrapped around you. As you became fully aware of your surroundings, memories of the previous night flooded back. You couldn't help but blush at the position you awoke in.

Gently, you shifted to glance down at her, and she stirred, blinking her eyes open with a sleepy smile. The two of you locked eyes, and an awkward silence settled between you. A blush crept onto both of your faces, taking in the lack of space between you two.

     "Good-morning.." She murmured, breaking the silence, her cheeks still tinted with a light pink. You smiled shyly and reciprocated her greeting. As you two rushed to untangle yourselves, you could hear her mumbling to herself. The blush lingered on your cheeks and you watched her leave your room, waving to each other before the door shut.

You laid on your bed, arms and legs stretched as you sunk into it. You grew redder as you replayed what'd just happened. You sat up in one swift motion.

     "I think I'm in love.." You muttered to yourself, hands cupping your red face. A feeling of tender love made your heart flutter and you squealed quietly.

--

Lynette shut the door behind her and slid down to her knees with her back against it. Her hands covered her flustered expression. Her heart pounded against her chest, she didn't know how to react. Usually she wasn't the kind of person to follow her heart over her head, this was different. 

     "Lynette, what's wrong?" Lyney said, walking over to Lynette, he slowly moved her hands, uncovering her face.

     "It's nothing, Lyney." She sighed.

     "There's not many things I could think of that would leave you looking bashful like that. C'mon now.." He sat down next to her.

     "..."  She stared ahead.

     "Is it Y/N? I've seen you two together lately, don't tell me you like her..?" He chuckled teasingly.

     "W-What?! No..I don't-It's..It's not like that..!! how did you even come to that conclusion?!" She pushed him away, averting her gaze from his. 

     "It sure seems like it...But I'll believe you, what is it then?" He laughed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

     "I..I don't know.."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

hi :)