Chapter eleven: Mourn

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

        You hadn't come out of your house in days, your hair was a mess and so was your room. Used tissues everywhere and a stuffed mailbox. You spent the last couple of days sobbing in your room over Midnight, you couldn't get over him, it was terrible and you blamed yourself.

Many of your friends from around town came knocking at your door due to your sudden disappearance and you could only tell them you were fine. Your shaky voice from behind the door wasn't much to ease their worries but they let you be.

You hadn't showered in days; you didn't have the motivation. You grieved day and night, reliving your memories of Midnight as to find some comfort. You were in the middle of sobbing dry tears when a loud knock was heard, you turned to the direction of your front door from under the blankets. You got up and looked through the peephole—it was Lynette.

        "Y/N..? Are you there? Y/N?" She asked, knocking on the door once more, you could see her face was a mixture of worry and confusion. You bit your lip, not wanting to answer. You put your back to the door, sliding down into a sitting position. She knocked a few more times, each getting noticeably louder than the last.

        "Well, if you really aren't there.."  She said before you heard something soft fall Infront of your door. It took all your energy to look out your peephole once more, seeing a small glimpse of Lynette turning the corner. You looked down but your peephole wasn't big enough to see whatever she dropped so you slowly unlocked the door. 

Infront of you door was a blue bag zipped shut, you picked it up and took it inside. The bag was weighing on you and your body was slanted to the side whilst holding it. You quickly closed and locked your door behind you. 

You didn't bother opening the bag and instead went back to your bed to sob some more. You blamed yourself for everything and that fact that you couldn't even take care of one pet proves you aren't capable of anything, you are worthless. You don't deserve to exist, you pathetic, selfish human being, you don't even deserve to be called anything because you aren't anything.

You cried yourself to sleep and woke up during the evening, only then did you see the bag once more. The bag Lynette brought, you sat on the edge of your bed. Knees up, head down and arms wrapped around you, you cried once more before you were left with dry eyes. The bag was caught in your sight once more and only then did you decide to check what was inside. 

Inside was a small, teal colored clay cat figurine with its eyes closed wrapped in foam with a letter on the side reading "Hey Y/N, I heard you've been feeling under the weather today. I hope you enjoy this figurine I bought from one of the small shops around the area. The prosecution of Lyney and I, it went well and I'd be happy to tell you about it as soon as you return to work, take your time. -Lynette". 

You smiled at the card and held the figurine closer to you, inspecting it.

You placed the figurine down on the bedside table and admired how it fit in well with your bedroom as if it was meant to be there somehow. You decided you were done moping and had to accept Midnight's death. You received a letter at that moment telling everybody to meet up and discuss how they were going to arrange their first performance at another region. They would try their luck with Sumeru first.

⋆. 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

(sorry I should've posted this two days ago!! I had to catch up on school work..)