Chapter three: Preparations

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

         You get a letter from your new employer informing you that the crew will be meeting up to set up one last grand performance before traveling to the other regions. You quickly sent one back and got ready the next day. You nervously entered the opera house in which the performance would be taking place. The door creaked loudly as you pushed your way in, rows of seats adorned the floor and the big, spacious stage was very eye-catching. You saw Lyney and some people working and you walked up to him.

"Hey, just on time! You're the last one to arrive, I can't wait for this night's performance!" He said, checking off something on his checkboard before handing it off to somebody else.

"Hey, is there anything for me to do right now? Seems like everything's going smoothly."

"Yup, sure looks that way but you can never be too careful, not with the show we're putting on tonight! Hint...Lynette will get wet, totally soaked." He chuckled, "You, my good lady will be working riiight over there, the boxes. It's unassembled props, very heavy since it's metal so be careful! Also, it would be amazing if you could assemble the smaller ones, and leave the big one to me!" He chirped before leaving.

You rolled up your sleeves and took the heavy boxes in hand, slowly moving it over to where Lyney pointed. You slowly dropped it down and the box hit the floor with a clunk. You opened it up to find metal parts and glass frames with nails and other sorts of objects. In two other boxes on your right side were regular props you needed to assemble. And so you did, it was difficult fitting it correctly but you managed.

For the next few hours, you helped out in any way you could since you had noodle arms and couldn't do any of the more heavy work. By the end of the day, everything looked amazing and Lyney congratulated the team with a big hug whilst Lynette stood behind him, watching. As most of the team departed for the night, you were one of the only crew members still in the opera house. The place was dark, the only source of light being the ones from the stage. You sat at the edge of the stage, dangling your legs from the edge lost in thought.

"Hey.." You heard a soft, familiar voice call out from behind you. You turned around to see Lynette standing a few feet from you.

"Hey." You smiled at her, "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell you I think you did well, at least for today." She gave you a soft smile and sat next to you, the two of you looking ahead in the darkness.

"Really? Thanks! I appreciate it." You chuckled, your smile wider. You leaned back, your hands on the stage as you looked slightly upwards at the seats above the lower ones. The two of you sat in silence before you felt a hand graze against yours before retreating entirely. You looked to your right, at Lynette who was facing away from you.

"I should- I should get going. Goodnight, Y/n.." She said, getting up and hurrying backstage. You didn't have time to process what had happened and watched her leave before you could say a thing. You kept your eyes on the curtains well after she'd disappeared behind them and turned back to your right hand.

You left for the night, making sure to turn all the lights off before you left. That night, you had trouble sleeping, and thoughts lingered in your head.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

hi hehe hope u enjoyed :). 😭😭😭 second week of school and idk whats going on man.

Next chapter soon!!! :D