Chapter twelve: Aquabus

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

     It was morning, many mornings had passed and you were tired of moping and you decided to get on with your life. As you got out of bed, a letter slid through your letterbox. You picked it up and read it, it informed you how everything was over and the entire crew was going to Sumeru in a few days. You smiled happily, your first smile in a while and you set it down.

---

A few days had passed and it was the day, you had your bags packed and everything, ready to leave. You took one last look at your house before leaving, pulling your luggage behind you as you made your way to the gathering area. You walked for a while before finally turning a corner and seeing everyone in the distance. You picked up the pace and ran over.

     "Hey guys! Guess I'm the last one to make it, haha.." You said, looking around to see everyone was already here.

     "It's fine, it's not like you were late or anything, hm?" Lynette smiled and the rest nodded in agreement.

     "Thanks.."

     "Did everyone use the bathrooms? I cannot stress this enough, use the bathrooms now because we'll be on the bus for hours...HOURS!" He shouted and you watched somebody excuse themselves to the bathroom for a moment. Lyney sighed to himself and Lynette smiled at his annoyance. 

     "So, Y/N, how do you feel about this trip? Happy, nervous, excited?" Lynette asked.

     "Uhm..Excited I guess, I'll be able to check out the prestigious Akademiya since I've been accepted already. This is also my first time travelling outside of Fontaine so I guess I'm a bit nervous.." You shrugged.

     "Of course, this is my first time too so I'm feeling a bit anxious aswell. I don't do well outside of my comfort zone." You exchanged nervous smiles at each other.

     "Oh well..Even before starting my job here I've seen many of your shows, you're truly talented, Lynette.. I'm sure you'll do great, don't let stage fright get to you." You gave her another smile and her cheeks went red.

     "Oh, uhm..Thanks, I appreciate it." She smiled.

You looked up at the sky, it was probably around 8:20AM now and you predicted the ride would take at least 4 or 5 hours. As soon as the guy came back, Lyney whipped out a sheet of paper from his pockets.

     "Right so, we'll be taking the Aquabus half of the way then we'll ride on the more local transportation, alright everyone?" Lyney smiled, looking up from his papers at the happy nods of everyone around him. As soon as Lyney tucked away the sheet, the Aquabus arrived and everyone hopped on, you sat next to Lynette who gave you a small, polite smile. There wasn't much conversation between the two of you for a bit but you started talking a lot.

     "Um..Lovely weather, isn't it..?" Lynette quietly asked, looking over to you, you felt her hand go on top of yours, giving it a soft squeeze. You looked over and gave a small nod.

     "Are you..um, okay to talk about what happened?" Her voice was quiet, soft and sincere. 

     "I-I guess." You mumbled,

     "Not here, though." You glanced up at everyone else.

     "I understand." She nodded.

     "There isn't much to talk about, anyway. You're partially feline, aren't you?" 

     "I am, why do you ask?"

     "Are you afraid of water?" Your cold and anxious demeanor gave way to a small smile and Lynette noticed, matching yours with one of her own.

     "...A little, but it's nothing I can't handle." 

     "I guess, that's pretty cute." You mumbled, Lynette's ears twitched, picking up the quiet sound. Her cheeks went red and she looked away from you, to the distant mountains.

     "...You think so.?" Her shaky voice making it quite obvious how she's feeling.

     "Yeah.." You touched your warm cheek as, you too, had reddened. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.