Chapter fourteen: In Bed

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

     You gasped for air, dropping down the last few box. The stage was looking basic but elegant and you smiled, knowing the crew could spice it up for tonight's performance.

     "Are those the last boxes?" Another guy asked you and you nodded, he quickly checked something off on his clipboard before walking away. You began by propping up a ladder to a nearby wall under the curtains to position the party poppers.  Though, you had a bit of a fear of heights as you slowly walked up, the ladder rattled and you almost let out a scream. You hand clutched onto your shirt tightly as you tried desperately not to look down. 

It seemed, the longer you tried to stabilize yourself, the more you wobbled.

     "E-EEK!" You squealed as you felt yourself tip over, falling down and bringing the ladder down with you. You felt someone catch you and hold you safely in their arms. You slowly opened your eyes, peeking and your savior.

     "Y/N..Are you okay? You ought to be more careful.." Lynette said worriedly, slowly letting you down.

     "Oh- haha. You're right, um, it's the ladder..ehe..I'm fine, thanks. I thought you were practicing?" You smiled shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. 

     "I was, I came out here to grab something." You nodded,

     "Oh, alright then, good luck." You said as she left.

You watched as the disappeared behind the stage, feeling your warm, reddened cheeks. To others, you looked completely mesmerized by her presence. You quickly shook it off and went back to what you were doing. 

--

Bright lights blinded the audience and out came the two eccentric performers. 

     "A-A-Alright, is everyone ready?!" Lyney shouted into the audience followed by loud cheers, you were beside a large party popper when you made eye contact with Lynette and saw her gaze shift away from yours, light pink tinting her cheeks.

As you watched the rest of their performance, you couldn't help but smile at the bright, playful energy the show gave off. Countless audience members' smiling faces in the crowd and the entertaining performers onstage brought happiness to you. 

--

After the show ended, you sat on your hotel bed, exhausted after the long night when you heard a knock at the door.

     "Come in.." You said, you watched the knob twist and the door open to reveal Lynette.

     "Y/N..! What did you think of our show tonight?" She beamed, clasping her hands together.

     "It was great, I was so happy when I saw all the smiling faces in the crowd, I'm sure you were too."

     "I was happy, yes, but this is the norm for us performers. I want to know..which act did you find particularly amusing?"

    "Ah..If I had to choose.." You mumbled, looking deep in thought. "It'd have to be the trick with the birds, it's a classic." You smiled.

     "Oh? Well that's interesting, I thought you'd find one of the other acts more interesting? Like the one with the rope or the one with the hoops and apple. I'm not even sure if that could even be considered an act, it was more of a..warm up." 

     "Well..I once saw it as a kid, so, it's got a special place in my heart." You touched your chest, hovering over where your heart was. She chuckled, sitting down next to you.

     "Oh- it's quite late, I should get back to my room now." As she got up, she felt a slight tug on her sleeve and turned around.

     "How about you sleep in my room tonight..?" You said, trailing off at the end, you could feel your cheeks brighten. You weren't sure why you said this, it just felt right.

     "Y-Y/N?" Her cheeks brightening aswell "I-Er-If you say so, I'll stay here tonight." She put her hand over her mouth and looked away shyly. You gulped, unsure of what to do now. Soon, you two were tucked into bed, with clean clothes and socks on. As you drifted to sleep, you felt her hand hold onto yours.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆.。.:*╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

whoops sorry I was too lazy to write 💀💀