Part 5 // "I was nice."

Max 

The last day of pre-season testing was over. I felt great, the car was amazing. Christian was in a good mood too. He was talking to Daniel, who also had a smile on his face. I was happy too, even when he reminded me of the dinner tonight. 

"So, rule number 1, which is also the only rule, is; be nice." he told me while we were walking towards the parking lot. "I will." I reassured him. "I'm just reminding you. You're supposed to be enemies on the track and friends off the track." he said. I just nodded. 

I would be nice, I had to make it up to her. I did feel pretty bad about it. 

Daniel gave me a lift to our hotel and patted my shoulder before walking to his room. "Practise beeing nice in the mirror, pretend it's her face!" he yelled to me. I rolled my eyes. I wasn't going to do that.

When I got into my room I started getting ready. Tonight was important. There would be paparazzi, without doubt. I had to get a good start with the media. So they wouldn't paint a wrong picture of me. Like they had done before.

...

Jules

The last day of testing was alright. There were still things we could improve on as a team. But I always thought there was room for improvement. I actually was pretty excited about the dinner. I would meet the other drivers and get to spend even more time with Bianca and Sophia. They were so sweet to me all the time and we already became such good friends.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Behind me I could see Sophia. She was wearing a beautiful light-blue dress. Bianca wore a red one, both of them matching their team colors. I looked at my dark blue dress with long sleeves. I loved it. 

"You guys look amazing. So sexy." Bianca said while walking in. Sophia chuckled. "What? You're hot as hell." Bianca commented. "I am?" Sophia asked. "Ofcourse, look at you." I said while pointing at the mirror. She smiled at me and hit my shoulder playfully. "Look at you, that dress matches so well with your hair." she said. I laughed. "Thank you."

"Can someone compliment me now?" Bianca joked. Me and Sophia put on a thinking look. Bianca raised her eyebrows at us and we all started laughing. "You look gorgeous." I said while taking her hand and turning her around.

"I heard there will be a dancefloor." Sophia said while putting on mascara. Bianca gasped. "I love dancing." she said and starting jumping around. "Be carefull, I'm doing eye make-up here." Sophia said. Bianca immediatly stopped and whispered sorry while holding in a laugh. I chuckled and put on some finishing touches of my make-up. 

I wanted to look good, but I didn't want to look like I tried to hard. I didn't want to get too many questions or comments about my looks so I didn't want to pull all the attention to it. Although my dress would probably be an eye-catcher. In a good way, hopefully.

...

Max

I arrived at the dinner with Daniel by my side. When we walked in I could already see Charles, Esteban and Yuki talking by the bar. 

"Ah, the Red Bull boys." Charles commented when we greeted eachother. "Were you guys here first?" I asked. "Yeah." Esteban said. "The girls all got ready together so we decided to do the same." Charles said. I heard Daniel laugh behind me. 

"So Juliette isn't here yet?" I asked. They all looked at me confused. "She isn't, we just told you." Yuki said laughing a little. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk to her, because she's new." I said. Daniel chuckled while handing me a glass of champagne. 

All the others came in a few minutes later. But after 10 minutes there still wasn't a sign of the girls. They were the only ones left. 

Suddenly Daniel poked his ellebow into my side. I looked at him confused while holding the place where his elebow had landed. His eyes pointed, in a not so subtle way, to my left. I turned a little and saw the three girls walking in while laughing. 

Juliette was wearing a dark blue dress and her hair was in a slick ponytail. As she got closer I could see her smile more clear. 

She had a nice smile. 

And nice hair. 

Her dress was pretty too.

But when her eyes landed on me they seemed to change from happy to angry or even disgusted. It was only a split-second and then she was smiling again giving everyone a hug. I watched her go by every driver and saying a few words to them. She seemed social, but her expression clearly told me she wasn't comfortable with talking to strangers at all. 

When she got to me she did give me small hug, which I didn't expect. I noticed myself breathing in her scent. She smelled like passion fruit. Must've been the shampoo that she used.

But as quickly as it came it went away and she moved on to Daniel without saying anything to me. I shouldn't have been that suprised. It was clear that she didn't like me or maybe she even hated me. But if she wasn't going to be nice, I wouldn't be nice either. Why would I?

Jules

I was quite proud of my actions. Max definitly didn't expect me to be that mad at him. But I was. Even though Sophia told me to be nice to him, I couldn't. 

While talking to Daniel I couldn't ignore a weird tingling feiling on my body. Like it was missing something. I tried to shake it of but it was hard. Probably the alcohol I had in the hotel with Bianca and Sophia.

"I told you to be nice to him." I suddenly heard Sophia whisper to me when I was done greeting everyone. "I was nice." I told her. "You looked at him like you wanted to kill what he loved." she said. "I gave him a hug." I stated. 

"Max won't be nice to you if you're not nice to him." she said. "Why should I be nice to him if he's not nice to me?" I asked. Sophia sighed. "Whatever, let's just get a drink." she said smiling. "Thank you." I whispered. 

...

More interactions between them in the next chapter.

I promise!!!

Can't wait for you to read it :)

<3333