Part 16 // "Just me and Lavigne."

Jules

The sound of my phone woke me up and while I adjusted my eyes to the light I picked up. 

"Who is this?"

"Good morning sunshine!"

Daniel.

"It's a little too early for this Danny."

"Too bad. You have to be ready in 20 minutes." 

"Why?"

"We're gonna eat some lunch." 

"And who is 'we'?"

"Me, Yuki, Bianca, Charles and Max."

Right. The stunt. Almost forgot about it.

"Fine, I'll get ready."

"Amazing. See you in 20!"

He hung up and I closed my eyes again. I was not a morning person at all. But I took a shower and while I did my skincare I heard a knock on my door. 

"It's Bianca." I heard her yell. I quickly walked towards the door and opened it. She got in and hugged me tight. "I missed you." she said. "I missed you too." I told her. "You look amazing." I commented looking at her outfit. She was wearing a white dress with a leather jacket and I loved it. "Thanks. You look great too." she said a bit hesitant. I was still wearing sweatpants. "Don't worry, I still need to change." I told her. She laughed and sat down on the closed toiletseat.

"How was it?" she asked me. "Horrible." I answered already knowing what she was talking about. "I don't think I've ever met anyone as self-centered as him." I continued. "I just don't get it. It's not like he's mean to me or any other driver." she explained. "I don't get it either. We're just not meant to be friends I guess." I said. "Maybe after spending more time together you'll become actual friends." Bianca suggested. "Every time that I see him I dislike him even more." I confessed. "I know you can do this. You only have to act like his friend." she reassured me.

It just didn't feel right. Acting like his friend while we both disliked eachother. Following this dumb list to make the media believe that we were friends. They weren't stupid, they would find out eventually. One of us would crack. But it wasn't gonna be me.

...

"Looking good Lavigne." I heard Daniel say as I walked out of the elevator. I was wearing black pants and a green sweater. I smiled at him and gave him a hug. "So do you." I answered as I hugged the others. Also Max. He still smelled like regular soap which still freaked me out. Why use soap when it doesn't smell like a fruit? 

He was wearing a white shirt with the first buttons open. I tried to avoid looking at his chest, which was harder than it should've been. Also Daniel and Charles were dressed nicely. But why didn't they make me so flushed?

I couldn't ignore the fact that Max was hot. He just was. It's not a bad thing to find someone attractive. But that didn't mean that he had a great personality.  I just needed to remind myself that he  was an absolute douche. 

"So I thought it might be nice to go eat something together." Daniel started clasping his hands together like he was a teacher at a school field trip. I was kind of suprised he didn't plan a party or anything like that. But testing was in a few days and interviews were already going to start tomorrow. Eating together would seem like a nice thing to do and to get the media's attention.