Part 12 // "Why are you beeing so nice?"

Jules

Everytime someone offered me a shot, I took it. Because I wanted to forget him. And forget the way he looked. I guessed it kinda worked. Vic kept whispering things in my ear and dancing with me the entire night. I had never felt this flattered by anyone. 

Suddenly he was holding a bottle tequila and motioned to pour it in my mouth. I softly shook my head but he kept holding the bottle in front of me. I was already drunk. What was the worst that could happend? 

I slowly opened my mouth and he poured the liquor in. I whinced while swallowing it and Vic seemed satisfied. But not even a song later a asked me to do it again.

"I'm already drunk enough." I told him. "Just do it." he said harsh. I wasn't sober at all. But  I was sober enough to know that he didn't have good intentions with me after all. I started to walk back. "Why are you so boring?" I heard him say. I held back the tears that begged to pour out. It was even harder when I felt this dizzy from the alcohol. 

I looked behind me to make sure he wasn't following me and went to the bathroom. Locking myself in one off the stalls I took some breaths. How could I be this stupid? How could I believe that he actually liked me? 

But maybe he was right. Maybe I was just really boring. That's why no one would ever pay attention to me like he did. Only if I was drunk and barely myself.

I cried. I tried to be as quiet as possible and held my head in my hands. I swore that I would never drink again. 

...

I felt even more dizzy when I left the bathroom. I had such an headache and I couldn't focus my eyes. That's why I couldn't recognize or understand the person I bumped into.

"Wha- is, are- y-y -kay?" was what my brain registered. "What?" I blurted out while closing my eyes. "Don't faint!" I heard a worried voice, clearly this time. "Don't tell me what to do." I said to him. "God, still so stuborn. Even when you're drunk." the person whispered to himself. I just shrugged and moved on. I had to get home.

"Hey, wait." I felt an arm grab mine and I turned around. I looked at the person and after my vision wasn't blurred anymore I recognized him. Ofcourse it was him. In his stupid suit.

"Let go." I told him. But he didn't. I had to find Sophia or something so I asked him again. "Max I'm not joking, let go." I said again. "You're way too drunk. I'm getting you to the hotel." he pointed out. I shook my head. "I'm fine." I told him. He sighed.

"I saw what Vic was doing to you. Let's just go, I know you want to sleep." he said. I looked at him and heard my own heartbeat. It was loud and I felt it beating in my chest like had never done before. I did want to go. So badly. But why would he take me? Why couldn't he just get someone else?

That's when I heard Sophia's voice. I looked to my left and saw her and Bianca running our way. 

"I can't believe he did that." Sophia said while taking my hands. "I'm so sorry. I thought that he was nice." Bianca apologized while hugging me. She wasn't very sober either.

"Pick her up." Sophia ordered Max. "What? Why?" I immediatly asked. "I saw you getting out of that bathroom. It took you a whole minute to take a few steps in the right direction." she explained. "I can walk by myself. I don't need some-" 

I felt two hand grabbing my waist and before I knew it Max had thrown me over his shoulder. I pushed away the warm feeling and tried to keep myself from grabbing his arms.