Part 17 // "Good race."

Max

Glaring, she was good at it. If she was looking at me, which wasn't a lot, it felt like her eyes pierced right through mine. Not one single emotion shown on her face, but I got her message. She did not like it when I called her Lavigne. But why would I care? 

We were all in the same conversation in the beginning and after some time the group was split in two. Lavigne, Charles and Yuki were talking about their favorite animals and me, Daniel and Bianca were having a conversation about how many pennies could fit into this room. Daniel came up with that question, obviously.

"I mean like, it's a big room." he started. "But you have to be more specific. Where does the room start and where does it end?" Bianca asked him. I thought for a while and Daniel pointed around. "Okay, I think around 15 000 pennies." she stated. Daniel shook his head. "I think it's a lot more." he said while putting on a thinking face. "What about 25 000?" I suggested. "Maybe that's a little too much." Daniel answered. "A penny is very small and the room is very big." I tried to explain my point. 

"Jules what do you think?" Bia suddenly asked her neighbour. Lavigne's head turned while smiling at her friend. "What?" she asked clueless. "How many pennies would it take to fill this room?" Bianca asked her. Lavigne looked around the room while frowning. "Atleast a million mate!" Charles yelled from the other side of the table. We all started laughing as he looked at us confused.

"That's way too much." Daniel told him. "I think around 20 000 maybe." Lavigne said. Daniel pointed at her while nodding. "That's what I thought." he exclaimed happy. "No way! That's not enough." Charles protested. "Do you know how much a million is? That's way too much." Lavigne told him while making hand gestures in the air. 

I couldn't believe how worked up everyone got about this. 

"Let's bet!" Bianca yelled. "How are we gonna prove our point? You're going to fill this room with pennies and count?" Yuki asked her confused. "Nope, just google it." Bianca answered while holding up her phone. "Okay, let's say this room is 10x10." Daniel said. "What does the winner get?" I asked. I kinda liked to win things. Maybe I was a little too worked up about this too.

"What about the honor of being the winner?" Charles suggested. "You're so boring." Bianca said to him as he gasped loudly. "The winner can make anyone do anything they want. Like a dare to do at the party after the race." Daniel decided excited. Everyone seemed to like the idea. 

"You guys party after every race?" Lavigne asked confused. "Hell yeah." Daniel answered quickly but Yuki softly shook his head to make sure she knew that Danny was exaggarating. "So, everyone's in?" he continued impatiently. As all our heads nodded Yuki grabbed a pen and a napkin. "I think it's 18 000." he started. "I'm still going for 15 000." Bianca said. Charles went for 30 000. I guessed 20 000 just like Daniel and Lavigne.

"We can't guess the same thing." she commented. "I said it first you pick a different number." she told us. "If there's a tie we can solve that later." Daniel suggested. Lavigne didn't look pleased by that. But I wasn't going to choose something else. Definitely not after seeing how annoyed she got when I guessed the same as her. Maybe I was rude for being happy when she wasn't. I was also sure that she felt the same.

"Oh god." Bianca said disapointed while looking at her phone. "It really is around 20 000." she continued with closed eyes. "I was so sure." Charles said. I just looked at Lavigne with a smirk on my face. I couldn't help it. Then I my eyes went to Daniel's who was smiling from ear to ear. 

"What do we do now?" Lavigne asked. "Another bet?" Yuki suggested. "Or a challenge?" Daniel said with a mischievous grin on his face. "This is so childish." I commented rolling my eyes. Daniel looked at me confused. I was childish sometimes but not when she was sitting in front of me.