Part 13 // "It's Juliette by the way."

Jules

The sunlight shining through the thin curtains woke me up and I tried to open my eyes but they felt so heavy. What time was it? Where was I?

I couldn't remember a lot from last night. I did get to the hotel, right? Finally I opened my eyes and adjusted them to the light. I stared at the ceiling and recognized the crack I noticed the first night I slept here. I was in my hotel room, I was sure.

I turned my head to my right and looked at the clock; 10:34. Luckily my flight was only this evening. I didn't have enough sleep but I was already awake so I slowly sat up while feeling my stomach turn and my vision blur for a second. 

I looked around and noticed that everything looked neat. Someone had folded all of my clothes and put them in my suitcase. The bathroom was empty exept for a little bag where all my products were in. Everyting was packed. Even a backpack with water and some food was resting next to my suitcase. It must've been Sophia.

On a little table I noticed my tickets and other files that I had lost while staying here. Next to it were fresh clothes. 

Thank you mystery cleaning person.

I grabbed the clothes and took off the shirt I was wearing. As I took it off and looked at it, I realized that didn't recognize the shirt. I wasn't wearing that last night. It was a grey shirt. Just a plain grey shirt. It was a little too big for me so it couldn't have been Bianca's or Yuki's. I was surely taller than them.

Who else could it have been? 

...

Max

I was pretty sure that she wouldn't remember anything that happend last night. It didn't matter but it would've been nice if she knew that I was the person that helped her. 

Yesterday I eventually got her up to brush her teeth and change. She was scared that she would puke again and didn't want to ruin any of her shirts. Atleast that's what I understood from her  gibberish. She was practically half asleep. That's why I gave her one of my shirts.

I even packed her bags. I couldn't leave that room like it was. So messy.

She fell asleep almost immediatly and I cleaned her room as quietly as I could. I left when I was sure everything was alright but I couldn't really sleep. I was still worried about what she might do if she woke up. I was wondering if she would remember anything from last night. Because I did.

I remembered our car ride to the party. I remembered the way she danced with Vic. I remembered how she fell into my arms, the way she was angry at me for picking her up, what she told me in the car. Like it was a minute ago. It was like I could still hear her voice telling me I was like a mansion with a view. And I still couldn't decide if she meant it or was just playing with me.

Eventually I did sleep and when I woke up I decided to go see if she was awake. Just to make sure she was okay.

That's why I was walking through the hotel and stopped at her room. I put my ear against the door and listened carefully. I heard footsteps and that's when I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I heard her say. She had a hoarse voice and I did feel bad for her. "It's Max." I tried to answer as normal as possible. I was just checking on her. That was a normal thing to do.

"What are you doing here?" she said, door still closed. But her voice was clearer which meant she stepped closer to it. "How are you after last night?" I asked. There was a silence for a while. "How much do you know?" she answered. Even though it wasn't an answer.