Part 7 // "Still blue."

Max

She was reading the menu, her ponytail falling over her shoulder. Her hair was what made me remember her. It was why I immediatly asked her who she was. That's why she was mad at me and I was still mad at her. But whenever someone else was around we were friends.

So when she looked up and locked eyes with me, I put on the best smile I had. Her reaction was an eyeroll and she looked back down. Great.

Atleast I was trying.

...

We all ordered and I was talking to Sophia while the waiter walked away.

"I'm glad you guys handled this as adults." she said to me and Lavigne at the same time. Right, I was friends with her. "Yeah, I'm so glad that he apologized about all of it." she answered giving me a sarcastic smile. I glared back at her. "Indeed, instead of ignoring eachother we just talked about it." I shot back while looking her right in her eyes. If looks could kill, I would've been dead.

Sophia looked at us both confused while taking a sip of her drink. "Right, that's great." she said slowly. Lavigne already turned her side to me and joined a conversation of Lando, Lewis and Daniel. I watched her as her expression went from tensed to loose.

"I know you guys didn't make up. But altleast you're pretending." I heard Sophia say. I turned my head towards her. Ofcourse she knew, she knew everything.

...

Jules

I didn't want to talk to Max or about Max anymore. Luckily Lando was talking about how much he hated fish. Which was more than I expected. "You've never eaten sushi?" Lewis asked him in suprise. "No, ofcourse not." he answered. "But you're one to talk. You're scared of onions." he shot back to Lewis. "Excuse me, how dare you say that in front of Jules. She didn't know yet." Lewis said while pointing to me.

"Oh, I've seen the video Lewis. I'm sorry." I said laughing as I patted his shoulder. "What about you? What are you scared of?" Lando asked me. I thought for a little before answering. "I'm scared of spiders. Actually I'm terrified of them. I just become paralized when I see one. Even when i'ts really small." I confessed. Daniel nodded in agreement. "Same." he said while the rest started laughing. "What? They have eight legs. Eight!" he tried to explain himself.

"Okay, so Daniel and Jules are scared of spiders. Lewis is scared of onions and I'm scared of nothing." Lando said while smiling. "You just told us that you were afraid of fish." Daniel pointed out. Lando shook his head. "I said that I hated it." he explained. "So what are you afraid of?" I asked him curious. "I already told you; nothing." he simply said. Lewis started laughing. "I don't believe that." he stated while the waiters came to bring us our food.

I looked back to Bianca as she got a plate of pasta in front of her. "I love these kind of dinners." she told me. "But don't worry I'll wait untill you have your food. We can take our first bite together." she said exited. I chuckled while wishing I still got that happy from little things.

...

Max

While eating, Lavigne didn't look up at me once. She talked to Sophia, but made sure she didn't look my way. Why did that annoy me so much?

Everyone was already finished when Lewis tapped his knife against his glass again. "Let's take the picture." he said to us. We all got up and followed him to the place where we always took the picture. He gave his phone to a waiter and explained to him how he should take the picture. He took this very serious.