Chapter 2: Saving the world, fighting monsters, almost killing our friend

Meet The New Boss 2

Alexis took a seat as Sam and Dean began to move things out of the way and Bobby started preparing things for the spell. Sam then took the act of God from the case as Dean drew a symbol on the table. 

Dean set the bag of fast food on the table next to the chair. Alexis stood, wincing a little as Sam poured all the ingredients in the bowl. Bobby then sliced into Deans arm, letting the blood pour into the bowl. "You're welcome." Dena mutters, making Sam smile a little.

"Thank you for your wonderful contribution to our cause." Alexis tells him, patting his arm. Dean began to tie a bandanna around his wrist, but Alexis grabbed it. He glanced up at her as she tied it for him gently. 

Bobby began the spell, chanting. The house began to shake, rumbling. Books fell from their shelves as the glass cases around the room shattered. The ceiling cracked as Bobby finished the spell. Everything went still. 

The four hunters look around, waiting, but Death never appeared. 

"Um. . ." Dean began. "Hello? Death?"

"You're joking." Death's voice made Dean spin around.

"We brought food." Alexis shrugged. 

"Sorry, Death. This isn't what it seems." Dean tells him. 

"Seems like you bound me." Death held up his hands, shackles appearing. 

"For good reason, okay. Just, uh, hear us out." Dean begins. "Um. . .fried pickle chip?" Dean offers. "The best in the state." He moved to grab the bag of food.

"That easy to soothe me, you think?" Death asks. 

"Heh. Works for Lex." Dean jokes, shrugging. 

Alexis was going to argue, but then sighed. "Fair point."

"This is about Sam's hallucinations, I assume?" Death asked. 

"What?" Dean asked. 

"Sorry, Sam, one wall per customer." Death continues. "Now unbind me."

"We can't." Sam tells him. "Y-yet."

"This isn't going to end well." Death moved toward the table.

"We need you to kill God." Dean spits out.

"You know, a normal, everyday request." Alexis shrugged her shoulders, taking a seat. 

Death turned back to the hunters. "Pardon?"

"Kill god." Bobby repeats. "You heard right, Your Honor." 

"What makes you think I can do that?"

"You literally Death." Alexis suggests. 

"You told me." Dean shot Alexis a look before turning back to Death.

"Why should I?" Death asked. 

Dean hesitated for a second, trying to think of something to say. "Because we said so and we're the boss of you."

"I don't think you should've said that." Alexis mumbles. 

"I mean, respectfully." Dean added, once earning a look from the other hunters. 

"Amazing." Castiel appeared behind the hunters. Red splotches were around his eyes, his skin looking as if had began to tear. 

"Cass." Sam took a step back.

"I didn't want to kill you." Cass begins. "But now--"

"You can't kill us." Dean states, subconsciously moving to shield Alexis.