Chapter 5: That was a little violent

The Girl Next Door 1

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but the doctors are with him now. I can't let you--" The nurse began.

"I don't care if the fucking president or God himself is with him. He's my husband and you're going to let me see him." Alexis cut her off, one hand on the double stroller beside her as Madilyn held onto her other hand. "Where's his brother? Which quack of a doctor is working on them? Tell me something."

"Your brother-in-law is getting an MRI at the moment, ma'am. I will let you know when you can see either of them."

~~~

Alexis sighs. "Yeah, Mads. We're going to see Daddy now." She smiles softly as Madilyn bounded off in front of her. "Stay close."

"Otay." Madilyn giggled.

"If he doesn't wake up soon, I will wake him up myself." Alexis mutters as she comes to a stop outside of Deans hospital room. She had tried to get them moved to a different hospital but couldn't. So Alexis just ended up staying at Sioux Fall General all the time.

Alexis pushed open the door and Madilyn ran in. "Daddy." She squealed, running to Dean, who was now awake and on the floor.

Alexis looked over as the door closed. "Why are you on the floor?" She asked. "Are you alright?"

Bobby walked in, dressed in a suit and tie. "You okay?"

"Bobby, you're alive." Dean stared, wide eyed at the older hunter as Madilyn wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"Of course I am." Bobby replied. "Why are you on the floor?"

"That's what I asked." Alexis shrugged as she pushed the stroller where the twins peacefully slept forward a little.

"They gave me morphine. A lot." Dean answered.

"Lucky bitch." Alexis chuckles as Dean patted Madilyn's back.

"Hey, look, a monster broke my leg." Dean gestured to the cast as Bobby and Alexis helped him up. Once Dean was back on the hospital bed, he looked back to Bobby. "The house. We thought you were dead."

"Well, I ain't." Bobby tells him as Alexis lifted Madilyn onto the bed beside Dean. "Not yet." He closed the blinds. "This place ain't safe." Bobby handed Dean the pile of clothes that sat on the dresser. "Where's Sam?"

"Uh, head scan, I think." Dean answered.

"Meet me at the ambulance dock, stat." Bobby tells Dean and Alexis, looking between them. "I'll find Sam."

"Wait, where?" Dean asked as Bobby turned toward the door. "Bobby, I'm a gimp."

"Oh, shut it. I'll get you out." Alexis waved a hand.

Bobby grabbed the crutches that sat by the door, handing them to Dean. "Hey." Bobby smiled at him, patting his cheek.

Bobby walked out.

"Need help up?" Alexis asked.

"I thought you--" Dean began.

"Angel friends come in handy. Good as new." Alexis tells him. "Can't even tell I had a C-section. Nothing. It's freaking awesome, man. Wish she was around when I had Madilyn. Save me about six weeks of bleeding. At least I don't have to now."

~~~

Dean walked out the hospital room, now dressed. "Ready?" Alexis asked. He nodded. "Come on, gimpy." Alexis waved her hand forward, taking the lead.