Chapter 8: Or, you know, a microwave. A table, even

Shut Up, Dr. Phil 1

Alexis woke when she felt the bed shift. She looked over her shoulder as Dean dropped his head back onto the pillow. "You okay?" She asked, reaching out to pat his chest.

Dean let out a breath, not answering. She sighed, pushing herself up.

~~~

Natalie giggles as Madilyn sat in front of her and Stevie on the floor. Dean and Alexis sat at the small table by the window. Dean had an empty glass in hand that he'd fill with liquor. The sun was bright as it shone through the window.

Dean rolled his eyes as Sam ran past the window outside. A few seconds later, the door opened and Sam walked in. He had been out on a run.

"Somebody better be chasing you." Dean tells him.

"It's good for you." Sam pants.

"No, no. It's not good for you." Dean argued. "Look at you. You're a mess and you stink."

"You don't complain when Alex goes for a run." Sam countered.

"She's... That's different." Dean argued.

"Why? Because she wears skin-tight leggings and a bra?"

Alexis laughs a little at the stupid argument the two were having. "You two are ridiculous."

"Among other reasons." Dean mutters. "Anyway, while you are being Lance Armstrong--"

"That would be biking." Sam cut him off as he grabbed A drink and stood.

"I was working." Dean continued.

"'I'?" Alexis asked.

"We." Dean corrected. "You ever heard of a town called Prosperity, Indiana?"

"Has anybody?" Sam replied.

"Two of their fine citizens died over the past two weeks." Dean states. "Uh, this one chick, she, uh, roasted underneath one of those beehive hair dryers at a hair salon. And this other guy....boiled in a hot tub."

"You don't see a lot of that." Sam states.

"No, you don't."

"Really? Never would've guessed. I thought that was the leading cause of death." Alexis says sarcastically.

"It's worth checking out." Sam breathes.

"Yep."

"You know, one more thing. What's going on with you?"

Dean scoffs. "We have had this conversation, Sam."

"No, we haven't." Sam corrects. "See, to do that, you have to sort of speak."

"Okay, see if you can get this straight. See, ahem, you're new Sam, right?" Dean asked. "Lance Armstrong."

"Biking."

"And, uh, I'm still me. Okay?" Dean continued. "Alright. So you might see things different now. Uh, call it a runners high or some crap. But that doesn't mean that somethings going on with me. Okay?"