Chapter 3: Don't pout. It's not cute

Hello, Cruel World 1

"Lexi? Bobby?" Dean asked as Cass walked across the room.

Alexis groaned, rolling onto her back. "Really? Is now the best time for roll call?"

"How many of you ass-clowns are in there?" Dean asked. "Hundred? More?"

Black goo that had the consistency of blood began to drop from Cass's arms and face as he swayed back and forth.

"Your vessel is gonna explode, isn't it?" Dean continued. "Wouldn't do anything to strenuous. In fact, I'd call it a day, head on home, huh?"

"We'll be back for you." The Leviathan says. He turned, walking out of the room and leaving a trail of black liquid behind him.

"Well, this is a new one." Bobby sighs.

"So which one of you dick-monkeys are gonna help me up?" Alexis asked, still laying on her back.

~~~

"Sam? Sam, you hearing me?" Dean set his hand on Sam's shoulder, making the younger brother gasp. "Look at me. Hey. Alright, we gotta button this up. Come on. Let's get out of here."

As Bobby and Dean turned to the doorway, Alexis's knees gave out. Before she hit the ground, Dean caught her. "Whoa, whoa. Sweetheart? Darlin'? Lexi?"

Alexis's eyes rolled back in her head as she gasped for air. After a few seconds, her eyes shot open and she leaned into Dean. Alexis blinked, pulling herself up. "I'm good. I'm alright."

"You sure?" Dean asked, setting a hand on her back as they moved toward the door.

~~~

Sam, Dean, Alexis and Bobby ran through the gate as the Leviathan walked further into the water. The hunters stopped at the bank of the lake as Cass's head disappeared under the water. A whirlpool began, the water moving in a circular motion.

Suddenly it stopped and a big black cloud shot through the water. The lake returned to normal.

"Oh, hell." Bobby mutters.

A sign stood before the hunters reading, 'Public Water Supply. No Swimming. No Fishing. No Boating.'

"Well, this can't end well." Alexis mutters.

"Damn it." Dean sighs.

"You said it." Bobby says. "Thos whatever-you-call-'ems--"

"Leviathan." Sam filled in.

"Right. If they're in the pipes, they got themselves a highway to anywhere." Bobby continues.

"Awesome." Dean nods, noticing Cass's trench coat has floated ashore. Dean leaned down and grabbed it. "Okay. So he's gone."

"Yup. Rest in peace. If that's in the cards."

"We almost saved him." Alexis mumbles.

"Dumb son of a bitch." Dean shakes his head.

"Well, he was friends with us, wasn't he?" Bobby asked. "Can't get much dumber than that. Come on. Those things will be coming up for air soon."

~~~

"Sammy." Dean says. "Sammy." He nudged his sleeping brother's shoulder. Sam jumped awake. "Hey, whoa. That's 12 hours straight. I'm calling that rested. Here, hydrate." Dean handed Sam a bottle of water. "And, uh, protein-ate." He held out a protein bar.

"Not a word, Dean." Alexis rocked Natalie in her arms as Madilyn giggles.

"It is now." Dean replied as he spun a chair around. He sat down, facing Sam.