Chapter 40: The Divorce Deception

The sun had dipped below the horizon, casting eerie shadows over the dense forest as Giyuu and Shinobu approached the secluded cabin deep in the mountains. Oyakata-sama had sent them on a mission to investigate the presence of a demon, and this time, subtlety was crucial.

Giyuu turned to Shinobu, his eyes cold and distant as he spoke in a hushed tone. "Shinobu, we need to enter the cabin without arousing suspicion. I have an idea. We'll pretend to be a couple on the brink of divorce. It's the best way to get the lawyer's attention."

Shinobu nodded, her eyes narrowing with determination. "I understand. We'll create a scene, and while the lawyer is distracted, you can investigate the basement."

They approached the cabin, their faces tense, and knocked on the door. A middle-aged man with spectacles and a stern demeanor answered. "How can I help you?"

Giyuu took a deep breath and began to raise his voice, feigning frustration. "We can't take it anymore! This marriage is a disaster!"

Shinobu chimed in, faking tears as she wiped her eyes. "He's always so distant, and he never listens to me!"

The lawyer, caught off guard, tried to calm them down. "Please, let's discuss this inside."

As they entered the cabin, Shinobu continued to sob, making the lawyer focus on comforting her. Meanwhile, Giyuu, as quick as a blink, vanished and descended into the cabin's dimly lit basement.

In the basement, Giyuu's keen senses guided him through the darkness. Suddenly, a sultry voice echoed in the shadows. "Well, hello there, handsome."

Giyuu's eyes narrowed as he spotted a female demon lurking in the corner, her eyes fixated on him with hungry desire. She licked the blood off her hand, which was stained from a previous victim.

Without hesitation, they clashed. Giyuu's Water Hashira techniques clashed with the demon's ferocious attacks, the sound of their battle echoing through the underground chamber.

Upstairs, Shinobu presented the lawyer with a delicate flower from her kimono. He inhaled its intoxicating fragrance and slumped into a peaceful slumber.

Back in the basement, Giyuu's relentless determination prevailed. With a swift and precise strike, he vanquished the demon, ending her threat once and for all.

Returning to the main floor, Giyuu and Shinobu exchanged a nod of success. The lawyer remained peacefully asleep, oblivious to the danger that had lurked within his cabin.

With their mission accomplished, they departed from the cabin, leaving the lawyer to his peaceful dreams and the demon's presence vanquished. Another day's work for the Demon Slayer Corps had been completed, and the two Hashira walked away, their steps filled with purpose and resolve.