Chapter 46: The Search for Giyuu Tomioka

Shinobu had just finished a long day of treating her patients at the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. The sun had set, and the moonlight cast a pale glow over the tranquil surroundings. Her thoughts had been consumed by the mysterious disappearance of Giyuu Tomioka, the Water Hashira. He had been gone for days without a trace, and Shinobu's worry for him grew with each passing moment.

As she walked back to her quarters, Shinobu couldn't shake the feeling of unease. She knew she needed to do something, to find out what had happened to Giyuu. As she reached her room, she gently opened the door and was greeted by the sight of her loyal crow perched on the windowsill.

"Caw caw," the crow cawed, its dark eyes fixated on Shinobu.

Shinobu approached the crow and spoke softly, "You're here, little one. I need your help. Can you find out where Giyuu Tomioka is?"

The crow nodded its head and flapped its wings excitedly. With a graceful leap, it soared out of the window and into the night, leaving Shinobu with a sense of hope.

The night passed in restless anticipation. Shinobu couldn't sleep, her thoughts filled with worry for Giyuu and the possible dangers he might be facing. She had cared for him in her own way, and she couldn't let him vanish without trying to help.

The first rays of dawn crept into her room when suddenly, the crow returned. It perched on the windowsill once more, its feathers ruffled from its long flight.

"Caw caw," the crow cawed again, this time with a sense of urgency.

Shinobu's heart raced as she approached the crow. "What did you find, little one?"

With an almost mournful caw, the crow delivered the message she had dreaded hearing. "Caw caw, Giyuu Tomioka not found!"

A heavy sigh escaped Shinobu's lips, and she knew she had to take action. There was no time to waste. She had no choice but to leave the Butterfly Mansion and search for Giyuu herself.

With determination burning in her eyes, Shinobu quickly left her room and went to find Aoi, one of her trusted attendants. She explained the situation and asked Aoi to take care of Haruki, her sister, in her absence.

"Aoi, please take good care of Haruki," she implored, her voice carrying the weight of her concern.

Aoi nodded solemnly. "Don't worry, Shinobu-sama. I'll make sure she's safe and comfortable."

With that, Shinobu departed from the Butterfly Mansion, her thoughts focused on one goal: finding Giyuu Tomioka, the missing Water Hashira. She couldn't bear the thought of him being in danger or alone. The journey ahead was uncertain, but Shinobu was determined to uncover the truth and bring Giyuu back, no matter the cost.

Shinobu stood outside the grand hall of the Butterfly Mansion, the wind rustling through the cherry blossom trees, as she pondered the situation. Giyuu Tomioka, her dear friend and fellow Hashira, had disappeared without a trace. He had missed a crucial Hashira meeting, a rarity for him, and Shinobu's worry had grown with each passing day.

With a determined resolve, she decided it was time to seek guidance from Oyakata-sama, the head of the Demon Slayer Corps. She couldn't let Giyuu down, not when he needed her the most. Gathering her courage, she approached the imposing figure of Oyakata-sama.

"Oyakata-sama," Shinobu began, her voice steady but her heart pounding, "I must speak with you about Giyuu Tomioka. He's disappeared, and I fear for his safety. Do you know where his master lives?"

Oyakata-sama regarded her with a knowing smile, his wise eyes seeming to see through her. "Shinobu, you care about him a lot, and it shows," he said in kind words. "I believe you will find the answers you seek within yourself."

Shinobu forced a smile, her worry still gnawing at her insides. Without wasting any more time, she left the grand hall and headed straight for the residence of Urokodaki Sakonji, Giyuu's former master. She needed information, and Sakonji was likely the key.

As she arrived at Urokodaki's serene forest dwelling, the elderly Demon Slayer master noticed her urgency. "What do you want? Why are you so worried?" he inquired, his eyes sharp and probing.

But instead of answering his questions directly, Shinobu got straight to the point. "Where is Giyuu-san?" she asked, her voice trembling with concern.

Sakonji stared at her with a blunt expression, his eyes revealing nothing. "He left years ago. He lives with his adopted son now."

Shinobu's heart sank at the confirmation of Giyuu's departure from Urokodaki's care. She knew she couldn't afford to waste any more time. "Giyuu Tomioka is lost, and I am his friend," she confessed. "His adopted son is very worried, and he's even missed a Hashira meeting?"

Sakonji's demeanor softened as he recognized the depth of Shinobu's concern. "Ah, so you're the pretty woman he tells me about—the mother figure to Haruki?" he said with a knowing look.

Shinobu's cheeks turned crimson, but she nodded. "Yes, I think so."

Sakonji finally relented, understanding the gravity of the situation. "You should check where his last mission was," he suggested. "If that leads to a dead end, go to his village. It's near the Sagiri Mountain."

With newfound determination and a glimmer of hope in her heart, Shinobu thanked Sakonji and left his dwelling, ready to embark on a perilous journey to find her missing friend, Giyuu Tomioka. The fate of the Demon Slayer Corps and her own heart depended on it.