Chapter 43: "The Absent Giyuu: Pillar Meeting and Unspoken Concerns"

In a tranquil forest clearing nestled deep within the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters, the Hashira's crows had gathered, cawing loudly, signaling the beginning of the Pillar meeting. Within minutes, all the Hashira had assembled, except for one conspicuous absence—Giyuu Tomioka, the Water Hashira. Shinobu Kochou, the Insect Hashira, wore a worried expression as she glanced around the circle, silently pondering Giyuu's whereabouts.

Their leader, Kagaya Ubuyashiki, arrived with a graceful presence, his eyes filled with understanding as he took in the situation. Oyakata calmly inquired, "Has everyone arrived?" Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira, scoffed and replied, "Everyone except for Giyuu. He probably thinks he's better than us."

Shinobu, known for her poise, couldn't hold back any longer and retorted, "Sanemi, you can't just assume things like that. He never said he's better than us." She smiled with an eerie, unsettling charm, surprising those around her.

Inwardly, Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira, couldn't help but squeal at how unexpectedly cool Shinobu sounded in her anger.

Oyakata intervened, instructing Shinobu to relay the meeting's discussions to Giyuu once he arrived. The meeting proceeded, discussions flowing among the Hashira. Uzui Tengen praised the flamboyance of their recent battles, a sentiment Mitsuri wholeheartedly agreed with. Muichiro Tokito seemed lost in his own world, while Gyomei Himejima quietly prayed for Giyuu's safety. Sanemi and Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, remained bitter, their silent tension palpable.

Obanai Iguro, the Serpent Hashira, couldn't hold back any longer, accusing Shinobu of being brainwashed by Giyuu. Undeterred, Shinobu responded firmly, "If you don't have anything good to say, you can rot for all I care."

Rengoku, the Pillar of Flame, intervened with his characteristic joviality, saying, "It's none of our business. We shouldn't interfere."

The Hashira unanimously agreed, and as the meeting concluded, they dispersed to discuss various matters amongst themselves.

Shinobu, her determination unwavering, decided to personally visit Giyuu's residence. As she journeyed, she realized the depth of her concern for him and the unspoken truth that Haruki, Giyuu's young ward, needed to be safe. In her heart, she knew that there was more to Giyuu's absence than met the eye, and she was determined to uncover the mystery behind it.