Chapter 5

"What?" Haseena looks with Karishma to the corner of the elevator ceiling.

"Where did the security camera go?" Karishma mumbles; almost like she is talking to herself instead of with her only company in the elevator. "Brian, there is no security camera here."

"Brian?"

As soon as Haseena raises the question of confusion, the elevator drops. The short free fall shakes Haseena to the core and the grab on the hand from Karishma is not enough to cure it. Karishma's response to this unexpected event is to protect Haseena; at all cost. She grabs her hand and makes sure that whatever happens next, she will be able to shield her. When the fall stops and the elevator is stuck at some mysterious floor, the light goes off and the silence creeps in. Haseena can feel like she literally slams into Karishma who is crushing into the handrail. Her arms are around her and for a second, she sinks into the embrace that feels so right at the worst possible time.

"Are you alright?" Karishma asks as she switches on the flashlight on her phone. She puts the phone in her shirt pocket and grab Haseena’s shoulders and moves her hands up to her cheeks to check every inch of her possible. "Are you hurt?"

"No." Haseena answers with a shake in her voice. "I'm okay."

"Okay." Karishma looks into her eyes and sees nothing but fright. "You're okay."

"Yeah." Haseena tries to follow Karishma's breathing pattern that seems calm and comforting.

"Take a seat." Karishma tells Haseena and for the first time, Haseena follows Karishma's instruction so willingly. She sits down and stretches her legs out as the only posture she can sit in her dress. Karishma watches her and smiles to at least ease Haseena's mind before picking up her phone to see one scary truth; there are no signals. She remains calm as she puts the phone back into her shirt pocket and presses the emergency call button on the elevator panel. As soon as she has done that, another scary truth reveals itself; there is no response.

"What happened?" Haseena sees how Karishma stands still in front of the button panel like she is looking at the most complex puzzle in the world.

"Not-"

"Karishma, I swear if you say nothing, I will kill you." Haseena's threat comes out strong but it can do nothing to Karishma who chuckles lightly as soon as she hears it. "I'm not joking."

"I know." Karishma joins Haseena on the floor and starts unbuttoning her shirt.

"What are you doing?" Haseena asks so suspiciously and starts to blush in the dim light.

"I have a spy cam on me -"

"I knew it."

"And it should have a tiny red dot in the back here to say that it works." Karishma shows the spy cam that she has pulled out of her button to Haseena who leans closer to look at the tiny cam.

"There isn't."

"There isn't." Karishma repeats Haseena and puts the spy cam in her pocket.

"Nothing works here; the emergency button, the phone, the cam. Weird, huh?"

"Someone is trying to get me." Haseena concludes so soundly and quietly.

"Yeah." Karishma nods and looks around to find the perfectly-make-sense answer.

"They probably try to trap you here and get you out somehow."

"How are we going to get out?" Haseena asks with a sigh that can't unload the burden she feels on her shoulders. This is not only her now; who has to be in this situation. There is Karishma as well.