Chapter 11

Karishma smiles a little and shakes her head. "There is someone out there wanting to get to you, Haseena. If you want me to be specific, I think it's your Will Hughes."

"There is no rea-" Haseena sighs and releases her frustration by hitting Karishma's arm. "I find it very funny for everyone to even have this idea in their heads; that I will be randomly grabbed from the streets of LA that always have something happening and someone walking around."

"You were almost grabbed from the elevator." Karishma argues quietly. "Quit proving your point. As long as we haven't got the guy, we aren't going to do anything more than your schedule."

"So, basically, you're saying that after they catch this guy, you'll go on a date with me."

"That's not what I said." Karishma scoffs playfully.

"Wait." Haseena adjusts her sitting posture. She sits up straight on the chair as she has just come up with the most brilliant idea. Her eyes shine the sparkling light as she faces towards Karishma. She leans in a little to make sure that Karishma really listens to what she has to offer. "What if we have a date here? I'll cook. We don't have to go out. We don't have to risk being seen. You don't have to worry about me getting kidnapped."

Karishma looks at Haseena as if she has just said something too ridiculous for her pretty face. She sips her coffee as her eyes fix on the girl who is now way excited about her plan to hear the response. "Have you ever taken a no for the answer?"

"I have. Many times. But you see, Karishma, I'm not... going to take one from you."

"I have no other choices then." Karishma whispers as she fights the stare she is getting and when her eyes unconsciously move from those blue eyes to those soft lips, they manage to land on hers without having to ask.

"I like when you don't have a spy cam on you." Haseena gives Karishma another peck before pulling away to look at her eyes. Then, she realizes. It is not only the sense of protection that she has got from Karishma that gets her to feel things in her chest. It is also the sense of stability that Karishma has come bearing; something that will stand although everything falls.

"A spy cam." Karishma's expression swiftly shifts. Her furrowed eyebrows and her chaotic eyes suggest that her mind is like Santa's workshop before Christmas but not in that much of a cheerful sense. Suddenly, Karishma takes off from the chair to the stove where her suspicion is still hovering. She bends down and uses the flashlight from her phone to examine the loosed knob. Then, there it is; the lens that is hidden so secretly. Her phone quickly serves its initial purpose as she dials her partner.

"Brian, I think we might have a bit of a problem."

"What is it?" Haseena asks and joins Karishma at the stove. Karishma hangs up her phone when Brian says that he would be here in a second and then, she shoots the flashlight into the knob again to let Haseena see for herself. "Is that... is that a spy cam?"

"Did you have a stranger in your house?"

"No! Of course not. You would know."

"Hey." Brian announces his arrival from the patio door. The pair moves their eyes from each other to the man whose facial expression is as "No! Of course not. You would know."

"Hey." Brian announces his arrival from the patio door. The pair moves their eyes from each other to the man whose facial expression is as calm as he always is.

However, the problem is with his standing stance. There is something in his hand; something that should be kept safe and secure by his waist. Before Karishma gets to react, Brian acts first and he acts fast. He points the gun that is in his hand at the pair. "We indeed have a problem."