Chapter 15

"I shot Detective Park." Haseena interrupts and all of a sudden, her voice is the only sound that echoes in the room. No one responds to the statement. No one dares enough. James and Aanya act like they are pushed off the cliff and freefalling into the rocky shore. They are shocked and are about to lose their minds.

However, none of those expression is shown from the lawyer. He stares at Haseena for a few seconds more before shifting them back to the papers on his laps. "You need a sleep, Miss Haseena. Your memories might align better when you get a good night sleep."

"I don't need a sleep." Haseena gets a little aggressive and shoves the cushion she has been holding to the couch. She faces towards her lawyer; hoping she can prove to him that what she has said is nothing but the truth. "I know what I said. I know what I saw. I know what I did."

"I've got the crime scene description from the first responders and they said it looked like the two officers got into a fight with each other. Firearms were found next to them. Kidnapping went wrong." Her lawyer reads from what he has pulled many strings to get his hands on. "So without any further information or lab results, the information you've just shared will be just a mixed-up memory you have, Miss Haseena, and for your own sake, you shouldn't say that to anyone again."

"Hmm." James breaks his silence although confusion is still consuming him entirely. He shakes his head and waves his phone where he has just read a text on. "Detective Singh has just come out of surgery. She is in ICU."

Haseena doesn't wait a second more when she springs up on her feet and makes her way past everyone in the room. She has a place to be and she has to be there now.

"Haseena." Aanya tries to stop her but that's all she can do; try to stop her. Haseena's mind is set and when she grabs Aanya's car key from the hook by the door, she is not turning back.

"Don't follow me." Haseena stops James when he is also up on his feet and about to take a step towards her. James does exactly what he was told and stands his ground to watch Haseena stump out the door.

"Would you mind describing their relationship to me?" The lawyer asks as he opens the lid to his expensive pen. He has just spotted a big spot that needs to be hidden or cleaned. Either way, it is not going to turn out great.

Haseena walks through the hallways to the elevator that will take her to the ICU floor. Some eyes land on her and some lips whisper her name. She is being recognized but at this point, none of that matters to her anymore. All that matter is Karishma. She wants to see with her own eyes that she is breathing and she wants to say with her own lips that she wants her to come back. The date that Karishma didn't exactly agree to is waiting and she needs her to pull through.

As soon as she steps into the elevator, another individual rushes her steps and makes it right before the door slides shut. She smiles politely at her elevator-ride company who has long dark hair and beautiful dark eyes. Her tan skin shines sparkly as she moves away from the panel without pressing another button. They are riding together and it seems like they are heading to the same floor. Haseena doesn't take much interest in her as she strokes her hair back and sighs lightly. Once the elevator opens again at her destination, the tan-skin girl leaves first. She leaves and takes a swift turn to the right while Haseena's eyes land on a couple officers who stand guard in front of the glass-window room. As she tries to process the sight before her, she is pulled. She is suddenly pulled away from the elevator and away from anyone's sight into the small storage room nearby. After the door is shut, the light is on and her mind gets to process the act, that dark hair girl with great skin appears before her eyes.

"Haseena, correct?" The girl asks and quickly steps away to give Haseena some space. She didn't mean to scare her or make she feels threaten so she immediately retreats. She can only guess what she has been through and she put her on another situation that can easily be too much for her.