Chapter 22

"Karishma."

Haseena whispers with a smile on her face as she looks at Karishma who is lying on her stomach next to her. Her eyes are closed but with a finger drawing invisible lines on her back and a call of her name, she hums. Eventually, she opens her eyes when the caller doesn't go on with her words. She opens her eyes to the most beautiful view she has ever witnessed. Haseena is lying on her side with her hand supporting her head. Although the sunlight shines through the gap between the curtains, it still doesn't stand a chance of claiming victory over the sparkle from Haseena's eyes. They are shining the ray of warmth and love towards her; only her.

"Haseena." Karishma mumbles. Although she loves the view, her energy is too low to keep her eyes open.

Haseena moves her finger up from Karishma's back to tuck her hair behind her ear before pressing a gentle kiss on her cheek. She now makes her own arm her personal pillow as she closes the tiny space between them. They are an inch away; close enough for their beating hearts to confirm that this is not just a dream. "We haven't gone on any dates."

"We haven't." Karishma smirks.

"Do you know what that makes us?" Haseena lingers her finger on Karishma's face; tracing every line and wrinkle to remember every detail of her.

"What?"

"We are Benjamin Buttoning."

"We're what?" Karishma chuckles and opens her eyes again; this time, she keeps them open to appreciate the scene in front of her. After a few seconds, Karishma can't help herself but poke in for a kiss. "Let's go on a date then."

Haseena crinkles her nose and smiles when Karishma finally says something that sounds so pleasant to her ears. She pulls the blanket a little further up to bury both of them in comfort and secrecy. Then, she moves a little closer to Karishma who opens her arm to make sure that Haseena can be as close as she possibly can. "We'll have to wait until later so no one can see us."

"Okay." Karishma whispers and caresses Haseena's back gently.

"I'll have James make a reservation at this nice restaurant. They have a private dining room. Their food is amazing." Haseena shares her plan quietly but somehow, her excitement is so loud and clear. Then, her excitement turns low and her smile plays hide and seek.

"What is it?" Karishma notices the shift right away and she is instantly worried.

"Are you okay with all this?" Haseena asks and looks deep in Karishma's eyes until Karishma feels the frustration that is forming within her. Haseena pushes herself up on the bed with the blanket wrapping around her and forces Karishma to grab a t-shirt from the floor to put on. They manage to sit across from one another as if they are about to brainstorm something big. "Waiting after hours. Private dining rooms. Sneaking around. With Will and everything, I--"

"It's fine." Karishma rests her chin on her hand as she listens so attentively.

"Those pictures are still going around and people willHaseena, it's fine." Karishma repeats with a smile that soothes Haseena's soul better than anything else in the world. "It's okay."

"Are you sure?" Haseena asks again as she sighs and makes herself so small in the blanket wrapping.

"I'm pretty good at sneaking around."

Karishma fixes Haseena's hair. "The only thing that I think I'm not going to be such a big fan of is you kissing other people and things like that but... I'm sure it's pretty much the same with you not being such a big fan of me jumping in the middle of bullets. But. That is what you do and that is what I do. If I have to sneak around just to be with you, I'll sneak around just to be with you. Period."