Chapter 19

Haseena looks at James and can't help herself but agree with his words. She hasn't looked at it this way before. She has just seen it as both of them did what they wanted regardless of what she thought.

"They love you in their own ways and... you love them in yours." James continues with his wise words. He sees things in his own way and doesn't hold back anything although Haseena is basically his employer. That makes him different from Aanya. Even Aanya's well intention is equally as much as his, she is selective of her words and matters she lets out to Haseena.

"Do you think she'll be mad?" Haseena whispers.

"What do you normally do when you get her mad?" James doesn't answer directly but with his question, he is up for figuring things out with her.

"I get even madder at her." Haseena chuckles in her throat of how ridiculous it sounds. "And... she eventually gives in."

"Hmm. Maybe don't do that this time."

"I'm glad you come back, James." Haseena smiles.

"I'm glad to be back." James smiles and reaches over to put a couple pats on her knee. Then, he gets out of the car and opens the door for her. They hug and say goodnight as usual. They are making their way back to the normality. "Good luck, Haseena."

Haseena gets into the house and hears the voices flying from the kitchen. This is the first time she comes home after what happened. She walks through the hall with the occasional flashbacks coming to visit. Once she arrives in the kitchen area, she sees her mom standing behind her dad who is trying to replace the stove knob. He doesn't seem to know what he is doing but as a dad, he is trying his very best to sort things out for his daughter.

"Dad, it will explode." Haseena greets her parents with the unusual greeting as she places her handbag on the counter. "Did you even get the right one?"

"Of course." Her dad argues quietly and gets a bit offended that his daughter underestimates his handyman skill. "I've fixed the ones at our house many times."

"No, he hasn't." Her mother whispers as she reaches her daughter with a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Karishma is outside, dear."

"Okay." Haseena glances through the window to see her favorite person sitting on the sun lounger in the moonlight. She is looking at the water in the pool as if it is something she has never seen before. Haseena looks back at her parents and takes her light steps towards her personal handyman who has traveled over 7,000 miles to fix things for her. She places her hand on his shoulder before leaning down to kiss his cheek. "Thanks, dad."

SP Malik smiles gently. "Go sit with your detective if you're scared that it will explode."

"I will. And it will, dad." Haseena suddenly feels like there is a spring on her feet as she spins her way to the refrigerator for a bottle of beer before making her way to the backyard.

Haseena doesn't announce her arrival but lets the sound of her heels touching the concrete ground do the trick. Karishma glances over her shoulder as Haseena straddles the lounger and wraps her arms around Karishma from behind. Haseena smiles and presses her lips on Karishma's shoulder.

"Hey." Haseena whispers.

"Hey." Karishma responds with a smile that Haseena has trouble seeing it clearly from where she is. However, she feels that the smile shines different light that isn't as bright as it used to. "How was your day?"

"Tiring. How was yours?"

"I was in jail." Karishma shrugs as she holds Haseena's hands that find their place on her stomach. "So it was alright I guess."