Chapter 8

Aanya watches Haseena walking through the recording studio's hallway with a spring in her step. She wonders what might cause it amid the chaotic situation that has yet to be resolved. Also, having to redo a couple ADRs only a week before the show comes out is not exactly ideal but Haseena is acting like this is something she has been waiting her entire life. James is looking at her with the exact same expression. He is confused. He is suspicious. Karishma is being Karishma and she has already given up trying to understand her. She just watches her with a tiny smile at the corner of her lips.

"James, can I get some coffee?" Haseena pauses so suddenly that James almost runs into her. The whole crew pauses while Haseena's eyes continue to travel from James to Karishma.

"Would you like some coffee?" "I'm good, thanks." Karishma smiles politely towards James to pass on her appreciation although she doesn't want anything from him..

"I'm on it." James steps away from the group to make his way out onto LA street and finds a perfectly delightful coffee shop.

As soon as James leaves the scene and Aanya takes the lead, Haseena syncs her pace with Karishma's and gets the spot next to her. She closes in the space between them and links her pinky finger to Karishma's. The urge of touching her and being right next to her has taken over Haseena in a blink of an eye. She doesn't really know how to control it anymore. It almost feels like she is already head over heels.

"Do you want to take the elevator?" Aanya turns around with the question and witnesses the two individuals walking by each other; one with her hand in her pocket and one with her hand awkwardly stroking her long brown hair. "After that daredevil stunt."

"But we're not going to walk up the stairs to the 5th floor, are we?" Haseena presses the elevator button herself and doesn't have to wait long before the door slides open. She looks and when she sees how Karishma's feet freezes to the ground and her eyebrows tights together into a knot, she knows something is up. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah." Karishma responds so soundly while her mind is processing the new idea that has just entered her mind after hearing a single sentence. She immediately sends a text to her partner as soon as she settles in one corner of the elevator; a text that might shine the light into the investigation.

"Are you alright?" Haseena whispers with the mixture of worry and curiosity on her face.

"Yeah." Karishma smiles with a nod that should be enough to chase those eyes away but Haseena is Haseena; when she thinks something is wrong, she is rarely wrong.

The matter is not right away discussed as Haseena has to work and also has to attend a TV show premier event just to make an appearance prior her own premier. Her intention is to finish up this redo as fast as she can so that the crew can edit it and so that she will be able to have enough time to prepare for the event later. People has been saying that this will be her major breakthrough to the industry. The TV show is packed full with content and quality that will gain her enough attention on her acting ability. She can go a long way after this. She can make the name for herself after this. So she has been giving her all into this project. Her attention is secured but then it is shifted to the situation on another side of the glass wall partition; in the control room. It's Karishma being a little bit too friendly to a college intern. There is barely a space between them as Karishma tilts her head pretending to be interested in something on the clipboard in the girl's hand. The girl seems to enjoy the attention she is getting as she keeps pointing something for Karishma to see.

Haseena clears her throat and takes off the headphone. She closes her eyes for a brief second just to think of words to say. Out of the blue, there is this feeling gathering inside of her and it instantly takes control over her better judgement. "Can we take a short break?"