Chapter 16

Dallas Paine 5 years later

Dallas Paine
5 years later

"Mommy I can't find my back pack!" Denver yelled running throughout the house.

"Denver take your time child it's in here somewhere." I told her looking for her backpack before she lost her mind.

Ever since that night I haven't been back to the bottom. Instead I moved into a 5br 4b home downtown in a deed restricted, gated community.

I hadn't spoken to LaMarques since the fight between the two of us. From time to time I'd see him in the club but I'd always avoid him making sure to never cross paths more than once.

Just then Diamond walked in picking Denver up swinging her through the air making airplane noises.

He was such a good friend and a great godfather to her and I loved him for that.

"Diamond!" She screamed laughing extremely loud.

Noticing her backpack I picked it up placing her lunchbox inside. My baby hated school lunch.

"Y'all come on Denver you're gonna be late!" I yelled walking to the car with Diamond on my trail with a giggling Denver

"This child literally has your entire face Dallas." He told me placing her in her car seat.

"Yeah I know she just has her dads eyebrows, face shape, and lips." I told him starting my car putting on my seat belt.

Diamond tried me a few times but I couldn't try it because he was such a good man.

I didn't wanna be the cause of him being heartbroken or overly attached to me when I still had sexual withdrawals from Denver's father.

Diamond was a beautiful and loving man and even though I've seen how big his print was I knew that in this life time I'd never find another man that pleased me as good as he did.