Believers and nonbelievers

For two nights in a row, Asi has hardly been able to sleep. Today is the day they finally ask the question.

Their heart beats violently against their chest seeing YV come out of her car in an orange maxi dress, her braids up in a ponytail showcasing her beautiful face. The dress blends beautifully with her skin tone creating warm hues on her.

Asi's nerves hitch up, but they play it cool.

"Hi babe," YV walks up to them, pecking their lips and smiling at them.

"Hi my love, you look gorgeous," Asi smiles at her.

"Thank you and so do you... And you smell great too."

"Shall we?" Asi extends an arm. They both go into Asi's car, leaving Yoli's at Asi's and Asi drives them to their dinner location.

"Let's..." YV gracefully accepts their arm and they walk side by side into the restaurant.

They make their order and talk about their week. Laughing and subtle flirting here and there.

About 30 minutes later, they leave the restaurant and go to a mini music concert by a local country artist.

The concert is a cozy atmosphere with about fifty people.

"And this next song is dedicated to a very special lady. I hear it's one of her favourite songs of mine. Her special someone wanted me to sing it tonight just for her... " The artist begins smiling at Yoliswa.

She in turn looks at Asi and blushes with shyness. "You didn't..." She whispers and Asi simply smiles at her.

"I think love is a beautiful gift. You know to have that special someone who wants to see you happy... Who thrives in making you happy and seeing a smile on your self... To be chosen over and over again. Everyday..." BJ smiles at the crowd before beginning with one of Yoliswa's favourite songs.

It's a soft mellow country song... Yoliswa closes her eyes, her hand on her chest and she slightly sways side to side listening to BJ's  beautiful and depthful voice. She leans on Asi's shoulder and Asi wraps their arm around her.

"Are you crying..?" Asi asks.

"No I'm not... It's just the lighting here.." Yoliswa denies

The entire drive back home, she thanks Asi over and over again for such a beautiful night.

"You are welcome love and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself..."

They arrive at Asi's place and come out of the car walking inside the house hand in hand.

"I missed you" Yoliswa wraps her arms around Asi's neck.

"I missed you too" Asi leans down reaching for her lips and they share a gentle and long kiss.

Their lips move against each other, gentle caressing of tongues against each other. Yoliswa feels her belly stirring like most times when she and Asi share such kisses. Asi shuts their eyes tighter, trying not to get carried  away by listening to the way their blood rushes inside their body.

They stop kissing after several pecks and forehead kisses from Asi.

"Would you like some wine?"

"Yes please babe..."

"Okay love, coming right up."

Asi stands up to take two glasses, a wine glass and a beer glass. They pour Yoli's wine and pour  their cider into the beer glass.

"There you go," they hand her the wine glass.

"Ngiyabonga baby..." 'thank you'

"You are welcome make..." Asi smiles at her. They lean back on the couch, just as Yoli does the same, folding her legs beneath her and staring into each other's eyes, drowning in the haze of their closeness.