Response

Dear Mrs and Mrs Dlamini.

I'm sorry I've taken a long time to respond to your request. It took me by a great surprise and I have been trying to process it. It's something I never thought you would ever ask from me, I thought that with the few months  that would pass by, you would tell me that you were joking, but you haven't, which makes me believe you were sincere.

I am flattered, very much so, although I am not sure what you saw in me to think I would be a suitable person to be that to you...

I have thought about it very much. Everyday. And I'm afraid I will not be able to be what you expect of me. I am afraid I am too awkward and lack much social skills to meet your standard or be worthy of being your little. I am afraid I would dissapoint you, which is something I wouldn't want to do especially with how kind you both have been to me. I'm sorry but I can't do it.

Sincerely sorry,
Nozwile Gule.

Half of Yoliswa had been expecting Nozwile's response to be no, but the actual confirmation that she was saying no floods in an unexpected wave of dissapointment and sadness.

Contrary to Yoli, Asi had actually thought that she would say yes, and reading her letter, and seeing the tears on their wife's eyes, her response pisses them off. They are angry.

"I mean, it's fine. I was expecting this..." Yoliswa tries to brush it off, wiping away her tears.

"I mean, it's no big deal... Like life goes on..." she continues and yet the tears rushing down her face say a different story.

"I'm sorry love, that girl is stupid." Asi shakes their head and hugs her.

"She's not stupid love, it's her choice" she corrects them

"Well it's a wrong choice she made." Asi insists

They wipe away their wife's tears with both their hands, "don't cry baby, we will find someone else okay? You have so many people who love you and adore you and I bet right now there a gift coming from one of your fans with sweet silly messages about how they love you. We will find someone else okay baby?"

She shakes her head. "I don't want someone else. It's fine let's just forget we ever even thought about this..."

"It was crazy to even think of something like that in the first place. I wish we hadn't even asked her in the first place. Now we have gone and embarassed ourselves." She says busying herself with scrubbing her face. Her skincare more intense this evening.

Asi keeps quiet, leans back in bed and watches Yoli's movements. They violently throw Nozwi's letter away and it lands  somewhere on the floor.

She washes her face in the bathroom, her emotions all over the place and the worst part was that tomorrow she was leaving for work in Lesotho where she had to stay for about a month, and the travelling put a lot of strain on her and Asi.

They lie down in bed a few minutes later facing each other.
"I'm going to miss you..." Asi whispers brushing away the strands of hair falling down their face.

"I will miss you more. I miss you already. I wish I were back already..." She says in all seriousness and Asi chuckles.

"Me too baby. And I'm sorry she said no, I know a part of you was hoping she would say yes." they play with her fingers.

"It's okay baby..." She smiles sadly. Accepting that in life, you don't always get what you want.

"Will you send me nudes everyday, while you are away?" Asi looks at her and she laughs.

"No..." She rolls her eyes.

Asi pulls her by her waist closer to them, their bodies flush against each other.