At the Beach

One of the scariest moments can be the realisation that you have fallen irrevocably in love with another.

Because suddenly their texts are all you look forward to. Their voice makes your entire day. They run through your mind all day, and you haven't felt alone ever since they came into your life. And you don't want the life you lived before meeting them.

That is how Nozwi feels. The weekend had been amazing. She had left Yoli and Asi's house Sunday evening, after a peaceful day that had consisted of bonding and talking a bit more. She had let them in more on her family dynamic with her parents and relatives. She was surprised by how hard it was to leave and go back to her own house. But YV had hugged her tightly and told her that her bedroom was always there whenever she wanted to come here.

It was currently Thursday and the past few days, she had spent them going over her weekend. Feeling fuzzy, warm, shy and all sorts of emotions. But one thing for certain was that she was already attached to Asi and Yoli. She thought about them almost all the time.

Although a part of her was scared that maybe it was all happening too fast, and yet it felt so right.

She's writing all of her feelings when her phone rings.

Mommy- it writes on the screen.

Her heart races a bit and her nerves creep in. She was even more shy talking on the phone.

"Hello" she answers.

"Hi sweet girl..." Yoli feels her heart melting just hearing her soft voice.

"Hi..." Nozwi starts drawing doodles in her diary to distract herself.

"How was your day baby?"

"It was nice.. thank you for asking..."

"How was yours?" She manages to ask too.

"It was okay baby... Thank you for asking. It's just that mommy misses you lots..." Yoli cheeses and Nozwi cheeses harder. Her face heating up.

"Hey gaming princess..." Asi says in the background.

"Hiiiii.." Nozwi squeaks.

"We are going to the beach on Saturday," Asi announces making Nozwi fill up with so much nerves and excitement all at once.

"Weally?" Nozwi asks.

"Really my sweet girl. We were hoping that we would go there this weekend. Your daddy found a nice quiet private beach..."

Nozwi keeps quiet for some time before responding with a, "thank you, Nozwi would like that..."

"Good girl." Asi praises making Nozwi smile.

They talk for a bit more. Asi and Yoli asking of she's eaten, locked her doors, talking about their coming trip and other random things, sharing inside jokes as well. That was another thing that made Nozwi happy- their inside jokes. The fact that they hadn't been together for a long time, but already had some inside jokes between them. It kind of gave her a reassurance of the solidification of their relationship.

"Oh..." Winile muses.

"Yes mama, I'm so sorry, but I promise we will make it up to you."

Her mother keeps quiet for a bit before saying, "Forget making it up to me, what are you really up to?"

"Nothing mama, we have just been busy and..."

"Yoliswa, I was the first person to witness you open your mouth and watch you say "mama"... And today you think you can open that very same mouth and lie to me..." Winnie chuckles.