1 to 10

"Zi-"

The long, sharp sound of electricity overpowered the human voices and passed through Natalie Lu's ears, like the sound of an alarm from a broken machine.

It was as if the current knew where this body was most vulnerable, hitting Natalie's beating heart one by one.

The pain felt like it was going to consume her whole being, and the human instinct to survive was activated, so Natalie struggled.

Then a "thud" sounded in the quiet space.

The cold floor caught the person who fell from the bed, and the sound of electricity was dispersed, and the pain spread in Natalie's whole body.

From the shoulders and arms, to the tailbone thighs ......

And so on.

Legs?

...... She's got feeling in her legs?

What the hell?

Doubt overpowered the pain, and Lu Shicheng's eyes, which were tightly closed together, snapped open incredulously.

The lights overhead followed suit and scrambled into her vision, the overly bright lights engulfing the world.

Lu Shicheng found that the hospital gown she was wearing had somehow been replaced with a high-grade silk nightgown, and her originally pale and lifeless calves were also permeated with the rosy vitality of blood flowing through them.

As if she felt the vibrant presence of her muscles, she carefully and expectantly moved her legs.

And that leg actually did stretch out as she wished, the flowing silk sliding down over her skin, bringing a slight coolness.

It was almost more real than in a dream.

Natalie Lu's eyes were filled with astonishment, and before she could slow down, a voice rang in her ears, "Congratulations to the host for successfully activating the system! Welcome to the 'Heaven Give Me Another Chance' system! I am your exclusive System 0253!"

The voice was interspersed with electric currents, like something that had manifested from the electric currents that had just wrapped around Natalie Lu's brain.

Before Natalie Lu could be alarmed, something flashed before her eyes immediately afterwards.

It was a small white ball surrounded by strange electric currents, and a pair of small wings were flapping above its head, trying to support a body that was disproportionate to its size.

What is this thing!

Natalie Lu was startled and took several steps backward on the ground with her hands and feet.

"Sorry host, for scaring you." The small ball saw this and busily stepped back, taking the initiative to keep a friendly distance from Lu Shicheng, "I'm your system, I've just materialised, it's not stable enough yet, it'll be fine after a while."

The surroundings were excessively quiet, and the small ball's voice seemed particularly eerie.

Lu Shicheng heard the words "host" and "system" in its mouth, and her head, which had just come to its senses, buzzed for a moment.

Because of her leg disability, Nicco did not have many interests to choose from, and the most she had with her were novels and comics.

She had read a lot of books and instantly realised that she seemed to be "wearing a book" and was bound to a "system".

What made Natalie refuse to accept was that, combining the formula of the book-wearing articles with the system's words "Heaven give me another chance" at the beginning, she seemed to realise which book she was wearing.