21 to 30

The faint smell of disinfectant wafts around, and the large apple is a little cooler.

Xu Xu Yue hesitantly looked at the little girl sitting in the wheelchair in the distance, she didn't seem to be that healthy, and there was a small blanket resting on her dangling legs, boring and monotonous without any pattern, the edges of the threads looking a little old.

Judging from the hand she was holding in her lap, she must have dropped the apple.

Tiny shoes tapped slowly on the tiled floor, the calm, judgemental thoughts of the young girl being manipulated by this childish body.

Truly a newborn calf, Xu Xu Yue's steps were careful, yet bold, as if she wanted to return the apple to its rightful owner, holding it in her hands and walking towards the person across the street.

Xu Jiyue thought it would be good for her to ask this little girl who she was and what was wrong with her.

But the moment she had just walked in front of the little girl, her vision was like a sudden zoom in, and a small, square room appeared in her sight with a swish.

Like a fluctuation that could only happen in an unprovoked dream.

And like the result of some subconscious manipulation.

It's a small room, as far as the eye can see.

It was square, and even the light was spread out extraordinarily evenly.

The little girl she had just seen in the corridor was sitting by the window.

The soft and even light hit her from one side, lining every inch of her skin with a tender and clean white.

Her hair, which was not too thick, hung loosely around her face, and was gilded with a light chestnut colour by the light, which was fragile and beautifully outlined the side of the little girl's tender face.

Xu Xu Yue felt that a child's curiosity about the world was the most beautiful picture, just as this little girl was quietly looking out, a pure white pigeon resting in front of her, separated from her only by a clean piece of glass.

The thick eyelashes are blinking, as if there are stars hidden in them, full of curiosity about the outside.

Her cheeks were lightly flushed by the sun, and looked as delicious as the apple in her hand.

But it was this kind of beauty that Xu Xu Yue detected a hint of something wrong.

The pigeon resting outside the window hadn't moved a bit, and the distribution of light and shadow on the little girl's face didn't match the way she was sitting in front of the window.

With that, she looked around the modest little house and realised that something was wrong.

--It was not a real window before the little girl, but a picture drawn with a brush.

"Knock, roll ......"

Xu Xu Jiyue was just marvelling at this discovery of hers when the apple rolled unduly from that tender hand to the ground.

And then one by one, it rolled to the little girl's feet.

The little girl was thus interrupted from her "scenic" agenda by the apple, and skilfully adjusted the angle of the wheelchair underneath her.

The old blanket was brought down a little bit, and the little girl bent down and poked her hand out to pick up the apple that fell at her feet.

The lighting in the room was even and undistorted, and the scarlet apple could not colour the little girl's pale fingers.