31 to 40

The temperature of the young girl's palm was as cold as ever, and she held Natalie's retracted hand tightly.

Natalie couldn't believe her eyes, the light was like a thrown arc swaying in her falling vision, and that person was holding her hand, her expression was still as calm as ever.

In fact, Xu Xu Yue didn't know why she had to reach out her hand to pull Lu Shicheng out of the way.

Perhaps it was subconsciously virtuous, or some other reason, she had once again stepped in to save this madman when she could have solved her perfectly.

But she didn't know that Natalie didn't seek balance after stepping into the air, but made a subconscious action after losing the strength of her legs.

Although Xu Xu Yue's body was recovering better and better these days, she still had very little strength.

The force of the fall pulled Nico towards the bottom, and Xu Jiyue was caught off guard and fell with her.

All of a sudden, heaven and earth were tumbling upside down, and the hard iron edges of the steps hurt.

It's hard to say who was protecting who, but as Nico subconsciously protected Xu Ziyue in his arms, he felt the warmth of Xu's palm on his own fragile neck.

"Tighten your body."

The young girl's calm-to-the-core voice fell on Lu Shicheng's ears, causing her to subconsciously obey.

In a daze, Natalie raised her eyes, and suddenly realised that the distance between the two of them, who had originally maintained a friendly relationship, had suddenly shrunk to the extreme, and the distance between the tip of her nose and the tip of her nose was invisible.

Light and shadow flickered, frame by frame, falling into Natalie's line of sight.

She could see Xu Xu Yue's furrowed eyebrows, her crow-feather eyelashes flickering one by one.

The scent of this person was enveloping her, cool and warm as she rubbed against her ear and exhaled.

In an instant, Natalie Lu's heart, which had been beating chaotically in fear because of the punishment, fell back to its original position with a click.

It was a feeling that was not easy to describe.

The loss of control of her legs had caused her to panic to the extreme, and at this moment, there appeared by her side someone who had gone through this change together with her.

It was as if the afflicted were in the same boat.

However, Natalie Lu felt that the term "sharing in distress" was a bit too scribbly.

I don't know how long it took, maybe only a few seconds, or maybe a century had passed, but Natalie's confused thoughts were dispersed by a slightly heavier pain, and then she felt smooth.

Finally, she rolled down the stairs and onto level ground.

Natalie felt pain screaming through her entire body, except for her legs.

She just lay there on the ground, and before she could fully regain her senses, the sound of footsteps came to her ears.

"Miss! Miss Xu!"

"Miss, are you alright."

"What's going on here? How did you fall down from upstairs."

"Quickly go and call Dr Qin!"

......

Aunt Sun and the other maids heard the noise and ran over from everywhere in a panic, whimpering and surrounding the area.