Chapter 3

He stared directly into Sunoo's eyes, making sure that Sunoo was convinced that he was being completely serious. Eyes looming over his face, he observed how terrified Sunoo looked under him. Almost as he knows that the bigger boy will not hesitate to harm him, particularly during this week when it's just them occupying the house. In all honesty, Sunoo had a bad feeling from the start when his mother said that she was going to accompany his stepfather on his business trip. But he tried to shrug it off, as nothing has been happening between him and Jay besides the silent hostility between them. Sunoo never thought that Jay would take it too far, at least not physically. Which he now doubts.

Ting tong.

Their house bell rang from below. Jay shifted his focus to the sound. Sunoo took this opportunity to pull his hands away from Jay, wincing in pain as he brought them closer. Both eyes are now staring at the bedroom door, as if the guest were just behind the closed door. Who could they be? Sunoo doesn't remember his father saying anyone would be coming over while he was gone. Sunoo glanced back at Jay, who was still standing close to him. He saw him pause for a moment before he diverted his gaze again to face him.

"They must be here."

Who?

Jay finally stepped away from him, turning his back to exit the bedroom.

"You invited someone? They told us we can't have anyone in the house while they're gone!"

"Whatever brat!" He heard Jay reply from the stairs.

Is he fucking serious? Sunoo ran outside his bedroom, approaching the stairs quietly as he tried to peek at the guests. He heard footsteps rustling from outside their house to the house entrance. Judging from the sounds of the footsteps, it seemed that Jay had invited more than one person. Scrunching his eyebrows, he tried to eavesdrop on their conversation from where he was standing, unwilling to reveal himself yet.

The sounds of deep voices and laughter occupied the living room as all of the guests seemed to have invited themselves in. He rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed that Jay doesn't seem to care about what his father has said. Great. Just when he thought he was going to have a quiet weekend to himself, Jay decided to ruin it the first day their parents were gone. What a fucking jackass. He sighed before bringing himself back to his bedroom.

His mood worsens as he is reminded of how messy his room is. He slammed the door shut, causing a loud bang throughout the house and startling everyone downstairs. Cursing under his breath, he began to pick his stuff from the ground, putting everything where it used to be before Jay barged into his room and messed everything up. He would hear occasional laughter from downstairs as he tidied up Jay's mess. He sighed.

It looks like he's not going out of his room for a while.

_________________________________________

Bang!

The sound of the door slam startled Sunghoon, who was already sitting on the couch.

"Fuck...was that him?" Sunghoon smirked while eyeing Jay, who was busy setting up the PlayStation on the TV.

"Yeah."

"He doesn't seem too happy." Jake mentioned this while sitting on the floor, laying his back on the couch.

"Guess so." Jay replied nonchalantly, too busy to care that Sunoo is probably even more pissed now that his friends are here. It's probably a good thing. Pissing off Sunoo had been his plan anyway. Much like what he had done to him for the past few months.

"Did you bring it?" Jay changed the topic.

"Of course." The sound of beer cans opening up can be heard in the kitchen. Heeseung walked into the living room, passing each can to his friends. Jay gulped down the drink as soon as he grabbed it from Heeseung's hand.

Heeseung settled himself at the corner of the couch, putting down the drink on the coffee table in front of him. "I thought you said your father doesn't allow this." He eyed his friend, who was still gulping down the drink in his hand.

"Since when he cares about what his father said." Sunghoon interfered. "Plus, he probably does it on purpose just to piss him off."

"Damn, this marriage must have really taken a toll on you, man." Hunching on his back, Jake is now staring at Jay's side.

Jay finally puts the beer can on the table, now staring back at his friend's curious eyes. "Why bother asking if you already know the answer?" Jay replied, annoyed that his friends were asking him those questions when the answer was obvious.

"Shit, I didn't know men could have periods too." Jake paused before he replied even further. " Or did it start when your father remarried?" He asked teasingly.

"Shut the fuck up before this can land on your face." He picked up the empty can, threatening Jake with it.

"Woah, woah, calm down; you were the one who invited us here." Jake laughed before hiding his face behind Sunghoon's shoulder, pretending to shield himself from Jay.

Jay finally laughs. "I don't know, man. It's just that the kid has been on my nerves a lot lately." He shrugged before focusing on the TV screen.

"Sunoo?"

"Who else?"

"What did he do this time?"

"He pushed me to the floor while I was searching for something in his bedroom."

...

The three of them looked at each other before bursting into laughter.