Chapter 5

The boy in question is, as they would guess, the infamous stepbrother their friend couldn't stop complaining about for the past months. The one they imagined to have this super punchable face and annoying character, as described by his older stepbrother. Turns out Sunoo isn't that bad-looking at all; fuck that, he's hella cute, with short black hair, amber foxy eyes, and milky skin revealed through his loose t-shirt and skimpy pants. He walked past them, trying to ignore the staring eyes.

Sunoo has been trying hard not to go out of his room to avoid Jay and his friends, but his tummy couldn't stop grumbling from the lack of food he has eaten since morning. That's when he thought, Screw it, he's going down. He planned to go straight to the kitchen, ignoring whatever comments or remarks Jay or his friends might have for him when he decided to show himself, and just cook some simple, plain instant noodles to fill his stomach for the day. To his surprise, Jay wasn't there with his friends when he went down. Having said that, the three of his friends weren't exactly making him comfortable either. Feeling those eyes staring him up and down in his comfortable clothing isn't the best feeling in the world, despite him being a boy. And so he tried his best to ignore the three of them while making his way to the kitchen.

He quickly assembled the pot to cook his ramyeon. Not bothering to prepare extra ingredients to put in his dish so that he could get the hell out of there as soon as possible. Much to his dismay, the ramyeon packet he was trying to reach had been placed weirdly high on top of the cabinet, making it a struggle to reach it. Stretching his arms, he tried to grab the packet by having his feet tip-toe on the ground. Ugh, is this one of Jay's antics? So fucking childish. Sunoo dropped his heels to the ground. Cursing underneath his breath.

"Need help?"

A deep voice coming from behind his ear startled him. He turned his head to face the owner of the voice. There he saw a tall man, who was previously sitting in between the other two in the living room, now facing him down, showing his charming smile to Sunoo, not forgetting to reveal his little fangs.

"No."

Sunoo stubbornly denied his offer to help him. He refused to get any help from Jay's friends. Being Jay's friend means he has to hate them too. Every single one of them. Especially when they look like the guy behind him. The typical stupidly handsome, arrogant type of guy. It's not that Sunoo knows him personally; it's just that the guy exudes this aura, and Sunoo always trusts his instincts. He tried to reach for the packet again. Thrusting himself forward, he stretched every part of his body to narrow the gap between him and his target.

Sunghoon stared down at the body in front of him, intrigued by the soft curves Sunoo was unknowingly showing the older boy behind him. His backline is prominent despite being hidden by the loose t-shirt, and his already small waist looks tiny as it reaches down from his hips down to his inviting-looking ass. Sunghoon snapped out of his mind when he heard Sunoo curse again. All of a sudden, Sunoo saw another arm reaching out for the packet, grabbing it with the tip of his long fingers and bringing it down to his face. Sunoo snatched it away from his hand. He stared at the older guy's face, who looked like he was waiting for him to say something. Sunoo decided to just ignore him, not even bothering to show any sort of gratitude towards him.

"Woah, not even a thank you?" Sunghoon brought his face closer to Sunoo, who was already preparing his dinner.

"Why would I?"

...

Damn, Jay really wasn't kidding. Sunghoon thought to himself.

"Are you always like this to strangers?"

"No, only to those I don't like."

Sunghoon scrunched his eyebrows. What?

"It's our first time meeting, and you already don't like me?"

Sunoo sighed loudly and landed his palm on the counter. He turned his face towards the guy standing besides him.

"The fact that you're Jay's friend tells me everything that I need to know about you. Now get away." He pushed Sunghoon's shoulder with his body, grabbing the bowl behind him and bringing it closer to the almost-cooked instant noodles in the pot.

A chuckle can be heard coming from the living room. Sunghoon shoots a glare towards both Jake and Heeseung, who have been enjoying their little scene in the kitchen. Feeling slightly agitated at Sunoo's constant sassy remarks towards him and his friends laughing behind his back, he turned his face towards Sunoo again. Eyes now glaring at his side profile, a smirk forms at the corner of his lips.

"You're quite brave for someone who currently doesn't have his mommy and daddy to back him up."

Sunoo snorted beside Sunghoon. So Jay really did tell him everything? He finally returned the older boy's gaze. Resting one palm on the counter top, he tilted his head to his right shoulder. So he wants to go there? Alright, be his guest then.

"Of course I am; why would I be afraid of someone who is friends with a coward? Someone who can't even stand up for himself in front of his own father? He leaned closer to the taller man in front of him, his voice low enough that only he could hear it. "But I'm not surprised that you guys are friends, because you look like one too." Sunoo smirked against his face, satisfied at his comeback. The guy is probably raging inside from the way that he glared at him.

And he is absolutely right. If Sunghoon was annoyed earlier, that feeling is long gone by now because right now he is angry. Angry at Sunoo for disrespecting him like that, angry at him for calling him a fucking coward, angry because he thinks he can do whatever he wants with no consequences, despite being left alone with his stepbrother who already hates his guts, and with some other random strangers. But, especially on the last part, Sunoo might look cute and innocent, but boy does he have a distasteful mouth. Everything that has come out of his mouth has been nothing but crude and offensive. And Sunghoon can't stand that. Especially when he had done nothing to provoke it. Sunghoon now wonders how Jay kept his patience and didn't beat the crap out of the boy every time he opened his dirty mouth.

Sunoo turned his attention back to his dinner. Ignoring the obviously pissed guy standing besides him. He grabbed his bowl and pushed the guy's shoulder one last time before he went upstairs to eat dinner in his room because there was no way he was spending more time there. Just when Sunoo disappeared, Jay decided to appear again. Noticing the tension between the living room and the kitchen, he looks back and forth between the giggling Jake and Heeseung and the awkwardly standing Sunghoon in the kitchen.

He stared at Sunghoon, weirded by the fact that he had been standing there silently for the past 5 minutes.

"What the hell are you doing just standing there? Are you hungry or something?"

"You see, our friend here has finally met your beloved stepbrother." Jake replied on behalf of Sunghoon, still chuckling over the previous scene.

"And it's safe to say that he's not very happy to see him." Heeseung added.

Really? Jay raised one of his eyebrows. Did he disappear for so long that he missed the whole scene of his friends finally meeting his brother? Making Sunghoon angry on top of that. But he later shrugged at the thought; at least they finally got a taste of his medicine. He is tired of his friends making it seem like he was just overreacting when he told them about Sunoo and how much of a brat and an asshole he is. Now that Sunoo has shown himself to his friends, he no longer feels like his hatred towards Sunoo was invalid, especially now that one of his friends has stumbled upon bratty Sunoo. He had expected them to at least know how he felt whenever he had any interaction with the younger boy. But what he didn't expect was what came out of Sunghoon's mouth right after that.

"Boys... I think we all should stay here for the rest of the night."

The three of them looked at each other before laying their eyes on Sunghoon again.