Chapter 4

"Seriously, how did you end up getting bullied by a fucking kid? If I were you, I wouldn't let that slide."

Jay shoots a glare at Sunghoon over his last remarks. "Who said I was going to let him get away? I would have broken his fingers if not for you guys. You should see his scared face." He sneered to himself, suddenly remembering Sunoo's previous expression.

"Now that you mentioned it, I'm curious about how he looks; does he really have a punchable face like you said?" Sunghoon rested his palms behind his head while he lay on the couch, gazing towards the stairs leading up to the upper floor.

Jay nods his head. "It's honestly a miracle that this fist hasn't landed on that brat's face." Jay said this while holding up his fist in front of everyone. Smiling widely while thinking about finally getting his revenge on Sunoo.

"Maybe it's my chance now that my father is gone. It would've healed before he was back, right?"

"Woah, are you seriously going for it? Don't worry, I'll help you out." Jake pats Jay on the back, signaling his support for his friend.

"Uhhh, not really."

Everyone turned their heads in Heeseung's direction.

"I mean, it probably took 2-3 weeks for them to completely heal." Heeseung said quietly, now regretting his decision as he realized he had brought down the group atmosphere.

Jay sighed to himself upon hearing Heeseung's unwarranted input. He was just joking for God's sake, but somehow he felt a little disappointed about how right his friend is over the fact that he's unable to hurt Sunoo physically without ever getting caught. No matter how many chances he will get whenever his father leaves them to go on his business trips,

Sunghoon, sensing his friend's disappointment, decided to interfere. "C'mon, man, there are many ways you can get to him; just because you can't hurt him physically doesn't mean that there isn't any other way." He convinced his friend, knowing that he had been holding a grudge against his own stepbrother ever since he was introduced to him.

Jay made a long pause before he finally replied.

"I guess you're right."

They decided to drop the topic and spend the rest of the evening playing video games. Spitting vulgar words whenever the game tested their patience, they puff smoke on the air while making a mess out of the living room.

"Shit, you should've gone the other way!" Jay glared at Sunghoon.

"Shut up! We lost because of you." He threw the gaming console on the couch, frustrated that his team had lost to the other team for the third time in a row. Especially when Heeseung and Jake kept making that smug face over the past 20 minutes for winning the game. Sunghoon closed his eyes in frustration. It was supposed to be a fun evening, but he couldn't help but feel that his competitive nature always wanted him to win games, even a simple match with his friends.

"This is boring as fuck." Sunghoon tried to downplay the whole thing.

"You're only saying that because you kept on losing." Jake suddenly chimes in.

Sunghoon glared at his friend, finding himself more annoyed at his friend.

"Anyways, it's getting kind of late. Should we go back?" Heeseung suggested it to his friends.

"Oh, come on, spend the night here! It's not like we have school tomorrow. Also, it's so fucking boring here." Jay whined, pleading with his friends to stay over.

The three of them looked at each other. Still considering Jay's suggestions. However, Jake decided to take this opportunity to tease him instead. "Aww, don't you have a little brother to play with? He probably misses you already." He made smooching sounds around his already annoyed friend.

Jay decided to retaliate by smacking Jake on the head.

"Ouch, Jesus, I was just joking!" He rubs the spot where Jay smacked him. He swore Jay could no longer take a joke, especially when it referred to his stepbrother. He groaned quietly, irritated that Jay had become way too sensitive to his jokes.

"That's what you get for running your mouth like that." Jay rolled his eyes, ignoring the pained face Jake had been making over his little smack. Jay stood up from where he was sitting. "I'm going to go to the toilet first." He left the three of them in the living room. They continued their chatting, still discussing Jay's idea for them to stay over for the night.

"How about you?"

"I don't think I can. My dad asked me to do something tonight." Sunghoon shrugged at Jake.

Just then, light footsteps can be heard running down the stairs. The three of them collectively looked at the source of the noise. They saw a boy with a plain t-shirt and shorts heading towards the kitchen, passing the living room where they were all seated.