Chapter 23: Quit Breaking Up With Me

2014

Now Jimi and Karen were unofficially not together anymore (together on paper, seperated in words) things looked pretty different. On stage, they were still a happy couple and the two could play that act very well but they didn't sing Your Side Of The Bed anymore because that was very hard for both of them. But after the show, Jimi and Elijah walked to their single bus (the band decided after all that happened that they could have the single bus for a while) and Karen walked with Rose to their trailer.

At night, Kimberly was spying Jimi a lot. If he received any visitors or at what time the lights went out. She had seen one shadow once but couldn't tell who it was, but she was suspecting Kara even though she only knows her by how Karen decribed her. Kimberly was a bit mad, but also confused. Of course, this is all Karen's fault (if she didn't fall in love with Rose...) but it was a mean streak of Jimi to have a new girlfriend that fast! What would Elijah think of that all?

And also, Kimberly is Karen's best friend. She has a kind of feeling that she owns it to Karen to spy her bandmate but Karen doesn't want to hear a thing of it.

''To come back on the shadow I've seen the other night,''

''Kimberly!'' Karen turned around and looked into her friends blue eyes. ''What did I said? I don't want to know anything about it! We are not together anymore!''

''But Karen...''

''No, Kim, no!'' she walked to Kimberly and grabbed both her hands. ''please, stop about this. I find it sweet and all but I just don't want to waste any time to that... that... man.'' Karen wanted to call him a bad word again but promised herself not to be rude to him anymore because of Elijah.

''Alrighty, maybe I became a bit too creepy.''

''Creeps,'' Karen nodded and the two gave each other a hug.

''My parents called, they want to meet you.''

Karen dropped her bag on the floor. ''My goodness, I thought someone had died!''

''What? Silly!'' Rose laughed.

''It was just the way you announced it, but why?'' she took a seat on the little table against the couch and put her legs on Rose' lap.

''Why? Because I told them I met someone and they want to meet that someone.''

''They don't know it's me, right?''

''They never want to judge someone by their names or the way I describe them. They'll give you a honest chance and that's when they see your face. Kinda weird, but that's how they roll.''

''It's not weird, I've never heard of that but it's a good thought. But...''

''But what? Don't you want to meet them?''

''I want but don't the mind I'm a...''

''Karen, when I was a teenager, they actually thought I was gay.''

Karen started to laugh.

''Don't laugh! Stop it!'' Rose had to laugh too.

Karen crawled to the couch and laid her head on Rose' shoulders.

''If you don't mind I want to wait with that after the offically divorce. But honestly I think that'd be really soon since Mr. Asshole has a new girl too.''

''So do you,''

"Are you gay?"

"Why does everybody ask if I'm gay?"

"Because you just said you have a relationship with a woman!" Bailey snapped while hugging Cassadee who just bursted out in tears. A few seconds later the first tear rolled down Bailey's face too.