Chapter 7: Little White Church

2006

 ‘You look gorgeous!’ Kimberly shouted. 

‘I’m just wearing a dress.’ Karen replied. It’s May 31th, the day Jimi and Karen picked as their wedding day. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining. 

‘No party hardy the night before your wedding, Kim, I am having a headache.’ Karen looked to Kimberly in the mirror. 

‘Ahw, I do have some pills. You want some?’ Kimberly looked a bit worried. ‘Not the wrong ones, please.’ Kimberly started to giggle. 

‘No worries, that won’t happen again.’ A time ago Karen had  massive headache and Kimberly gave Karen Schlap’s old medicine he used after his surgery instead of some aspirins. Karen took three of them so she was pretty stoned. 

‘Although, that stoned feeling was pretty awesome.’ Karen had to admit. ‘Yes, you were hilarious!’ Kimberly said.

‘I am hilarious. Kidding. Jesus, Kim, I’m so nervous!’ 

‘Why, you don’t have to be nervous. You have been through this before.’ Kimberly put her hand on Karen’s shoulder. 

‘I know. But I am just scared… what if he doesn’t show up. Or he is a softie, like Phillip, and he faints.’ Kimberly had to laugh. 

‘Softie. Phillip.’ She whispered while she was laughing. 

‘Or… what if he doesn’t think I am beautiful.’ 

‘Oh, Karen, shut up. You’re the prettiest bride I’ve ever seen and your hair and makeup is not even done.’ 

‘Thank you, Kimberly.’ Karen smiled. ‘Thank you for being my maid of honor.’ 

‘of course I am. If I wasn’t something was wrong with you.’ They laughed. At that moment Karen’s mother and sister came into the room. 

‘my baby.’ Mrs. Fairchild whispered and started to cry. 

‘Ah, come on mom don’t cry. I’ve been married before.’ Karen hates it to see her mother cry, it makes her sad. 

‘I know that, sweetie, but you just look so pretty.’ 

‘Told you.’ Kimberly said and she put her dress on. 

‘Did Jimi already see you?’ Mrs. Fairchild asked. 

‘No, they say that’s bad luck.’ Karen replied. 

‘Did that happened the last time?’ Kimberly started to laugh. 

‘How mature!’ Karen threw a pink lipstick to Kimberly who caught it. 

‘I think I am going to use this one.’ She said. 

‘Who’s doing your hair and makeup?’ Karen’s sister asked. 

‘A niece of Kimberly.’ Karen put her boots on. 

‘She’s here in two minutes.’ Kimberly put her phone away. 

‘I can’t wait to see the result.’

‘There’s Jimi!’ Mrs. Fairchild shouted. 

‘Oh Lord, how do I look?’ Karen asked. 

‘Stop worrying, Kiki, you look amazing.’ Kimberly tried to calm Karen. 

‘You really do.’ Mrs. Fairchild was crying again. 

‘Please, mother, stop crying.’ Karen looked out of the window. Jimi got out of a black Cadillac. He looked damn good in a white suit. Mrs. Fairchild opened the door.