Chapter 21: Girl Crush part 1

2014

When Lori opened the front door she was pretty excited and so was Liz. I remember Hillary standing in the corner and she didn't looked amused. Lori and Liz were really excited about a song and Hillary had to admit she was a bit scared to play it for Kimberly and me. When Lori sang the first line I already knew this song had to be on the record. So did Kim.

I had asked the whole crew to be around when we recorded Girl Crush because I was scared, like Hillary was too. I mean, it IS scared to sing about wanting to kiss a girl while you're married to a man. They all liked it, some even cried. The fans like it as well. Girl Crush is just... everybody can find herself in it. Every girl. Wanting to be someone else because they have something you want to have. Her boyfriend or her pretty face, maybe her life. But what if you don't want to be that girl, but want to be wíth that girl?

I got a girl crush

They played two shows at the same place. The venue was huge and Karen was just wandering around. It was pretty warm for a late-October afternoon.

She was about to enter a little coffee-tent when a big truck stopped next to her. A woman stepped out: wavy blonde hair until her shoulders, blue eyes and a sweet smile on her face. Karen finds her pretty.

The woman seemed to recognize her because she walked toward her. "Karen Fairchild?"

Oh snap, a fan?

"I'm Delia Rose," she stack out her hand. "the new crew member."

New crew-member? Oh, right!

"Aha, the new Jack! I'm Karen, nice to meet you."

"Delia Rose Heston. But people call me Rose. Hi" Rose started to blush.

"Karen Renee Fairchild-Westbrook." For some reason she started to whisper when she said 'Westbrook'. "People just call me Karen, or Kiki."

"Kiki. Cute." Rose giggled. "Cordelia Rosemary Alyss Heston."

Karen started to whistle. "Are you a European royalty or something?"

Rose laughed. "No, silly."

"Well, I know some interesting facts about your name." 

Ehh?

"Really? That's cool. You, eh, wanna drink some coffee? Then you can tell me those interesting facts."

"Yeah." Too fast.

The two took a seat at the window and Karen started to play with her coffee cup. 

"It means the same, your name in some European countries, the flower. It's also an alcoholic drink, the way we spell it but with a e-acute. And then if you change the 's' in a 'z' you have the color pink."

"Amazing! How do you know all this stuff?"

"My nieces follow German classes at school and ones middle name is Rose too so they did a whole research." 

Does Brooklyn follows German classes too? 

She knows that Bailey and Cassadee both follow it.

"Cute shirt."

Karen looked down at her white shirt. It had one pocket on the breast with 'cute but psycho' on it. She started to blush. "My husband Jimi bought it for my birthday. 'Because you're cute and a little bit of a psycho' he said. It's true, I'm a psycho, but not cute."