Chapter 15: Bones

2014

 Jimi found Karen in the bathroom hanging over the toilet. She was throwing up.

‘’Are you alright?’’ he asked.

Karen fell back in his arms. She nodded. He knew he had to stay quiet and hold her until she felt better again.

‘’I’m fine now, thanks.’’ Karen said ten minutes later. ‘’I’m going back to bed. By noon I’ll be better, okay?’’ she stood up and walked to the door. 

Jimi kept quiet, and she turned around. He stared at her.

‘’Something wrong, hun?’’

‘’For how long have you feel like this already?’’ he asked.

‘’Eh, I don’t know. Two, maybe three days. What? No! No, that’s not possible!’’

‘’Karen, just for sure.’’

‘’No! I’m not going to do that test.’’

‘’Why not?’’

‘’Because I’m not pregnant! The last time it was just a cold too, and when I was pregnant for real, I wasn’t even sick.’’

‘’But just in case. That test is laying here for almost five years, it’s almost a waste of space.’’

‘’Honey, I’m fine. Can you please take care of Elijah, I’ll be with you two in two hours.’’

 Jimi couldn’t get the thought of his mind. Would he like it to have a second kid? Elijah’s amazing, but a second… and what would the others think of it? And the most important thing: would Karen like it?

When she walked downstairs, Jimi was looking at her belly. It was a little bit bigger, but not as flat as it always was before. He knew how much Karen could complain about her weight and he got crazy of it. She’s just perfect to him.

‘’Where are you looking at?’’ she asked.

‘’Your… shirt. I, eh, like it.’’ Jimi lied.

‘’It’s just white, and not a shine through top either, so you have no reasons to like it.’’

‘’Are you grumpy?’’

‘’Yes.’’ Karen had to admit. ‘’I’m sorry, it’s just because I laid in bed all morning and I feel like I wasted my day, ya know.’’ 

‘’It’s alright, we all are grumpy sometimes.’’

‘’Yes, especially you in the morning.’’

‘’Ah, shut up.’’ 

Karen walked to the kitchen. ‘’Do we have pickles?’’

‘’What?’’ Jimi turned around. ‘’You don’t even like pickles.’’

‘’I know that, but I have a strong feeling that I really want one now.’’ Karen started to giggle. ‘’It must be because of Kimberly.’’ She looked to Jimi, who was staring at her. ‘’Jimi no! I’m not pregnant.’’

‘’Are you having a baby?!’’ Elijah shouted when he ran into the kitchen.

‘’What? No, of course not! Daddy’s just fooling around.’’ She walked back to the living room and slapped the pickle in Jimi’s face.

‘’Oh my God, Karen! You’re one nasty bitch!’’ Jimi screamed.

‘’I also licked it.’’ Karen laughed.