Chapter 11: Front Porch Thing part 1

2009

‘’Be nice to uncle Jimi and aunt Karen.’’ Schlap said.

‘’I will.’’ Daisy replied.

‘’We’ll see you tomorrow, princess.’’ Kimberly said to Daisy and gave her daughter a kiss. ‘’Thank you so much for taking care of her.’’ She said to Karen.

‘’It’s alright, we like to hang around with Daisy.’’ Karen gave Daisy a high five.

‘’Only for one day.’’ Jimi joked.

‘’Not cool, uncle Jimi.’’ Daisy shouted.

‘’We will go before we see our little girl attacking Jimi.’’ Kimberly giggled.

‘’Bye y’all, have fun.’’ The Westbrooks and Daisy waited in the door gate until the car of the Schlapman’s disappeared.

‘’What do we have for dinner?’’ Daisy asked.

‘’Pancakes.’’

‘’In the shape of a heart?’’

Jimi looked hopeless to Karen.

‘’Sure…’’ he said.

‘’Yay!’’ Daisy shouted and ran outside.

‘’Can you cut a heart out of a pancake?’’ Jimi asked to Karen.

‘’Yes. Only cut, in cooking I fail. Okay, what is that?’’ Karen pointed to something on the floor.

‘’It looks like poop.’’

They heard a cat-sound and saw Cupcake, one of Kimberly’s cats, standing behind a plant.

‘’That thing!’’ Karen shouted. ‘’She really dislikes me. Kimberly did not only dropped her kid here, no her critters had to come too. We’re not a damn zoo.’’ 

‘’Relax, Karen, I’ll clean up this shit.’’

‘’It’s literally shit.’’ The two had to laugh.

‘’Eww.’’ Daisy ran inside and looked shocked to the thing Jimi was cleaning up. ‘’Aunt Kiki, do you have a stick so I can play with Buck?’’

‘’Ehh… I don’t think so. You can find one by the trees with uncle Jimi.’’

Jimi sighed. ‘’You’re so lazy.’’

‘’I am not, I just want to read.’’

‘’Come on, uncle Jimi!’’ Daisy grabbed Jimi’s hand and ran outside. ‘’Come on Buck!’’ she shouted to the dog. He followed them too.

Karen took a seat on the back porch while she was looking to Jimi and Daisy at the end of the garden. She wanted to read her magazine when she saw Cupcake wanted to walk outside. She had no idea why, but for some reason the cat didn’t liked her.

‘’Don’t you dare to come outside!’’ Karen shouted.

Cupcake lifted up one claw and the nails were out of her paw.

‘’Ahw, how sweet! I do love you too.’’ Karen said sarcastic.

‘’I’m broken, can you please play with Daisy now?’’ Jimi let himself fell on a chair.

‘’I was actually waiting until Daisy would to make a princess of you.’’ Karen said.

‘’Oh please no.’’

Daisy ran on the porch.

‘’Uncle Jimi come back!’’ she shouted.

‘’Not now, girl. I’m up.’’