𝙩𝙬𝙤, 𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚

My mouth is hung open as I turn to face Lily. "What the hell, how is this even possible?" I question, then turning to face Cedric "Did you hear that?!"

Cedric sighs "Yes I heard it. Everyone did."

I shake my head "How are you not freaking out? This could mean that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is actually alive."

Lily puts a hand on my shoulder "Let's not jump to conclusions...He looks 17 so he was a baby when his father went missing."

I give her a look "Oh come on! That's bull, Who has been taking care of him?"

Cedric laughs "Himself. And who knows, maybe his last name is just Riddle. Riddle is not a super uncommon last name."

I look to the front and see Riddle sitting on the stool as Mcgonagall places the sorting hat on his head. It barely touched his curly brown hair before the words 'Slytherin!' filled the great hall.

For the first time, the Slytherin table is silent as he walks over to them. He sits in a corner by himself—giving anyone who stares a dirty look.

This is definitely He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Name's son.

"See! Isn't it so obvious!" I say, looking at my best friend and brother.

"Maybe you're reading into things. Maybe he's anti-social..?" Lily suggests.

I scoff "Oh please. "

Cedric sighs "If you really think it's him...ask."

"What? Are you out of your mind?" I whisper shout.

"No...I'm actually using my brain. Lillian talk some sense into your friend."

Lily rolls his eyes before putting both palms of her hands on my shoulders—turning my body to face her "I'll ask him for you...if you'd like."

My eyes widen "Absolutely not!! He's dangerous."

Cedric sighs "Lillian just go and ask."

Lily nods and gets out of her seat—walking over to Riddle at the Slytherin table. She finally reaches him and I see her ask..and he responds..without hurting her.

After a few minutes, Lily walks back over and sits down. Her expression turns serious "You're right Rory."

Cedric's eyes widen "What? How could Dumbledore even allow this?"

I scoff "That's what I've been ASKING!! You ass."

Cedric rolls his eyes "Well you're delusional so you can't judge me."

I turn to face Lily—ignoring Cedric. "Was he nice? Mean? What was his voice like?"

Lily sighs "Well he had an attitude but he answered nonetheless. He asked me why I wanted to know and I told him you asked."

I stare at her in disbelief "You..did...what."

She nods "Come on he can't be evil. Plus he's kinda attractive if you ask me. His voice by the way..." she smirks and moves her eyebrows up and down.

Cedric groans "Gross, if you guys keep talking like that I'm gonna vomit all over you."

I sigh "Lily...he is the son of a sociopath, What makes you think he's any different?"

"Well maybe because he wasn't raised by his father 'cause he's..you know, dead."

"We don't know that for sure." I say crossing my arms "They never found a body."

Cedric piles up some food on a plate as he replies "Well...I don't know. But I do know that I don't want you anywhere near him. You got it? No where."

"You saying that makes me want to go near him" I smirk

Cedric angrily sighs "No Aurora."

Lily shakes her head "Well....I don't see such a huge problem with him...he actually seems pretty chill now..maybe he was nervous." Lily points her finger at the Slytherin table and Cedric and I turn. We see Theodore Nott, and Draco talking to Riddle, and they are laughing.

"That's awful," I mumble

Lily shrugs "I told you..new person in our group. I felt it in my bones." She smiles before speaking again "Maybe Theodore can join as well."

I look at her in disbelief "Lily! why? That's terrible...I like our group the way it is. I already let Pansy include Draco."

She sighs and softly smiles at me "I know!! But think of it as a change, a good change. Don't you always tell us to not be afraid of change?"

I shake my head "You should already know I don't take my own advice."

Cedric buts into our conversation "I agree with Rory. No Mattheo riddle."

I give him a dirty look "Cedric stay out of this. You aren't in our friend group so you don't get a say."

"But, I am your big brother. But, fine. Do what you want but don't come crying to me when Dad forbids you from ever talking, or looking at him."

I sigh and turn my attention back to Lily. "No. Theodore maybe. But Riddle? Absolutely not, never in a million years."

She shrugs "We will see."

"I'm serious."

She just smiles and grabs a plate. "I said we will see...remember this conversation in a few months..maybe weeks."

I playfully roll my eyes "Sure Lilly, sure."

☆彡

We finished eating and everyone is on their way to their common rooms. I'm walking with Lily only, Cedric went with his friends.

Lily clears her throat as we see Pansy and Draco walking towards us. "Hey, pretty ladies," Draco says

I scoff "Why were you laughing with Mattheo mother fucking Riddle?" I question

Draco shrugs "He's cool."

Lily screams as she turns to me "HA! I told you so."

Pansy shakes her head "What?"

I sigh "Yeah, Mattheo Riddle now is attending Hogwarts. Where you were during the meeting?"

Pansy shrugs "I went to the astronomy tower. I needed fresh air."

I nod "Okay, well Draco over here was laughing and hanging out with Riddle."

Draco scoffs "Why are you acting like he's some devil? He is just one of us."

Lily smirks "See, I'm always right but no one ever listens to Lily now do they?"

I roll my eyes "Oh come on..how am I the only one who thinks this? Pansy, what do you think?"

Pansy sighs "Uhm..I don't know. I'd have to talk to him first to make a decision."

"I say we ask him to be in the group, same with Theodore," Draco says

I narrow my eyes at him "You just joined last year."

"And? I'm the only guy, I think we should add more."

Pansy nods "I have to agree. We need more guys because these girls think we like stole Draco."

I roll my eyes "Theodore can join. But not Riddle. He's like...so—"

I hear a voice behind me, it makes my skin crawl. "Go ahead love, finish that sentence."