𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬

We arrive at the top of the astronomy tower and I feel like crying. oh my god. It's beautiful.

Since it's night there are candles pretty much everywhere except for the middle which is covered in fluffy blankets with plates of food and snacks, and there's a projector set up.

I feel special knowing that he did this for me. He wanted to. I meet eyes with Mattheo and he has a cheeky grin plastered on his lips as he lies across the blankets. "You did this?" I ask, shock filling my voice.

He nods and shrugs. I feel my cheeks heat up and look over to Draco and Theodore who are giving Mattheo a nod before they walk off, down the stairs.

"Come sit, don't be shy." He laughs softly and I smile. I make my way toward the beautiful setup and sit next to him. "I can't believe you did all this..."

"It's nothing, really." He says, shrugging again. "I wanted it to be perfect but I couldn't really come up with anything so it's pretty simple and a last-minute thing."

My eyes widen "This is simple?" I look around again, taking in everything.

He laughs "I'm guessing you like it?"

I smile at him "I love it."

He moves closer to me and his gaze softens slightly "I'm glad."

My cheeks flush red and I laugh "So..what are we watching?"

"Some muggle movie I found, I thought you'd like it."

I think I might die. This man is perfect.

"Really?"

He nods before grabbing a tub of strawberries and handing them to me "You favorite," he whispers, kissing my cheek.

I grab the tub happily and open it, taking out a strawberry and taking a bite. "Good huh?"

I nod and lay down, getting comfortable as I take a blanket that's thrown and place it on my lap. Mattheo walks over and turns the projector on before walking back over to me and lying down next to me. He looks over as the movie starts to play and I can't bring myself to look away. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I question, my voice a little high from nervousness.

He chuckles "Why are you nervous?"

I shake my head "I'm not nervous." I finally look away and stare at the screen. Even though I'm not facing him I can feel his eyes staring into me. like knives. I hear him hum in response but he doesn't say anything else.

"You know," he begins but pauses, and doesn't finish. Now I'm curious. "What?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the screen.

He stays silent for a few moments "I never thought you'd agree to this.."

"me neither, but, you've proved yourself."

he shakes his head before whispering, loud enough for me to hear "No, I didn't."

I don't know whether I want to reply to that. I don't know how to. But, eventually, I take a deep breath and finally look at him "Yes, you did."

He looks away for the first time and I want to know what he's thinking, what's going through his mind. "say what you're thinking," I whisper

He takes a deep breath "I told you you killed your mother, there's a possibility my father is still alive and sent someone to kill your mother, i made you cry, I just—" he pauses and blows out a breath "I don't deserve this."

"None of that was your fault—any of it. Stop beating yourself up over nothing"

He says nothing and I start to feel sad. "Mattheo I promise I'm not angry at you for anything," I reassure.

He lets out a sigh and turns his attention to me "I don't believe that," he seems off, I mean I don't understand him. Isn't this date supposed to be special—he's doubtful, doubtful.

"why?" I question, lifting a brow "Why don't you believe me?"

He sighs softly and faces the roof. He doesn't reply for a few moments but as I watch him I can feel his emotions radiating off of him. Which isn't normal for him. "You don't get it do you?" He finally said, but he didn't answer my question.

"That's not what I asked," I say, sitting up and pausing the projector.

He sits up as well and stares at me. His eyes seem sad, but there aren't any tears in them. He seems confused even. I can't decipher what exactly it is he's feeling, what he means. "well," I say "why don't you believe me?"

He clears his throat but his eyes move away from mine, he won't look into my eyes anymore. It's like he's scared of me, it's like he changed his mind. "In my type of world, you can't believe anyone," he says, almost in a whisper.

I scoff, I didn't mean to—but that's bullshit. "Oh please, why even ask me on this date then Riddle? Is it because you were bored? Did you make a bet with your friends? Trying to figure out how long it'll take me to choose a boy over my family?"

His eyes meet mine again but this time they turn a little glossy but instead of sadness they're filled with anger "Is that what you think? Is that what you think I wanted? I want you. All of you. But, I—" he cuts himself off as he looks away from me again.

I don't reply. I don't know how to. I just stare at him, trying to decide whether I really want this or not. Do I want to betray my brother? Do I want to bring back all of my mother's death to my father? Do I want to hurt them?

"I'm sorry—" he says, "I'm scared okay? You know me, you know me better than anyone. And that's scary."

I swallow my breath hitching a bit "What?"

"I've never really—well I've—" he stops trying to speak as he shakes his head "I've told you things that no one else knows about me, things that not even my sister knows. And it's because my gut told me it's okay. My heart wants you, I don't know why." he continues

He meets eyes with me again "So I'm sorry."

"So what does this mean?" I question, my voice coming out in more of a squeaky sound than normal. My mouth feels so dry, like if I swallowed sand.

"It means that I didn't ask you on this date because I was bored, or for a bet. I asked because I don't want to be just friends."

I look away from him as I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks "We just met...and my d-dad he—"

He cuts me off "No one has to know. And we practically know everything about each other, who cares if we just met."

"But—"

He puts a finger to my lips and smiles at me "It'll be our secret." He slowly takes his finger off my lips and places it on my chin, lifting my chin a bit.

"No one has to know," he repeats "No one."

My breathing unsteadies and my blush is now more visible—I can feel it. "No one can know, not Theodore, not Draco. anyone."

He grins "So is that a yes?"

"To what exactly?"

He playfully rolls his eyes "You're seriously gonna make me ask?"

a soft smile appears on my lips "Well I have to know what to say yes to right?"

he sighs but grins "Angel may I have the honor of being your boyfriend?"

I blush but nod "Yes."